"Music Player (Remix) puts other music apps to shame with a laundry list of features and a swipe-up mini widget" - Android Police "Music Player (Remix) is probably one of the most feature-rich music players we've ever seen" - ...Read more
"Music Player (Remix) puts other music apps to shame with a laundry list of features and a swipe-up mini widget" -
"Music Player (Remix) is probably one of the most feature-rich music players we've ever seen" - Lifehacker
Music Player (Remix) provides a unique user experience that brings the fun and joy back to music listening.
Some of the key features include:
- Large, finger-friendly controls overlaid on top of the album art.
- From within any app, swipe from the bottom of the screen to reveal the mini-player. Control your music, organize your now playing list, and access your playlists & faves without ever leaving the app you're using.
- Notification when new songs are added to your device (customizable).
- Chromecast support.
- Google Now voice commands for playing an artist, album, or song.
- Android Wear music controls & voice commands ("Shuffle", "Play [artist]", "Play [song] by [artist]", "Search [song]", and more).
- Swipe from bottom for the Now Playing list & music controls.
- Swipe from right for your music library, search, help, preferences, volume control, & aesthetic customization.
- Swipe from left for faves, playlists, & autolists.
- Swipe right on a song in the Now Playing list to remove it. Swipe left to queue it to play next.
- Swipe right on a song in a playlist to remove it. Swipe left to move it to the top of the list.
- Auto-generated playlists available based upon your listening habits.
- 5 customizable shortcuts on the Now Playing screen for various functions such as Add to Playlist, Save bookmark, Lyrics, and much more.
- Dynamic theming matching current song's album art (or choose your own wallpaper).
- View a song's YouTube video with the inline video player.
- The Now Playing screen has been optimized for small & large tablets.
- All library browsing screens have several display & sorting options.
- Save bookmarks in a song with visual markers.
- Automatic bookmarks saved when you leave a song.
- Search album art from several image resolution options. Album art is embedded in the music files. *
- Download lyrics & embed directly in the music file. Pinch/zoom to change the font size. Karaoke feature for recording yourself singing along. *
- Advanced playlist management including drag/drop re-ordering & multi-add mode.
- Tag editor *
- In-app wiki browser available for songs, albums, artists, genres, & composers.
- Jellybean expandable notifications with super-sized album art & music controls.
- 5 band equalizer with built-in presets, bass boost, & virtualizer.
- Built-in Last.fm scrobbling.
- Sleep timer.
- Stylish 4x1 & 4x2 home screen widgets with customizable color & opacity.
- Lock screen controls: basic controls (ICS+), advanced mini-player controls (ICS+), or the 4x2 widget (Android 4.2+).
- Fine-tuned controls for quickly skipping backward or forward by 5/30/60 seconds. Long-tap the pause/play tap area to toggle the controls.
- And much, much more!!!
BROADCAST_STICKY: Broadcasting current song info WAKE_LOCK: Keeping the music service running while music is playing READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Reading karaoke files & album art temp files WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Storing lyric data, album art data, & karaoke files INTERNET: Downloading lyrics, album art, wiki info, last.fm scrobbling, and youtube video links RECORD_AUDIO: Recording karaoke sessions SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Displaying the mini-player VIBRATE: Adding slight vibrations during certain operations ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE and ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Chromecast support
* In Android 4.4, Google removed the ability for 3rd party apps to edit files on SD cards. Features such as album art embedding, lyrics embedding, deleting files, and tag editing won't work properly if your music is stored on an SD card in Android 4.4 or later.
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Sep 16, 2015
INSTALLATIONS: 1,000 - 5,000
LATEST VERSION: 1.6.8
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.3 and up
send sticky broadcast
Allows an application to send sticky broadcasts, which remain after the broadcast ends. Malicious applications can make the phone slow or unstable by causing it to use too much memory.
prevent phone from sleeping
Allows an application to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
display system-level alerts
Allows an application to show system alert windows. Malicious applications can take over the entire screen of the phone.
modify/delete SD card contents
Allows an application to write to the SD card.
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
view Wi-Fi status
Allows an application to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.
Allows application to access the audio recording path.
control vibration alert
Allows the application to control the vibration alert.