Transit Tracker - MTA allows riders to take advantage of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's vehicle monitoring service, MTA Bus Time. Transit Tracker - MTA also includes the ability to download route schedules. Transit Tracker - ...Read more
Transit Tracker - MTA allows riders to take advantage of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's vehicle monitoring service, MTA Bus Time.
Transit Tracker - MTA also includes the ability to download route schedules.
Transit Tracker - MTA allows you to define alerts for MTA routes and stops; get a notification when a vehicle on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
** Important! ** Not all MTA routes are currently supported. MTA Bus Time will be available NYC-wide by the end of 2013. See the this site for a list of currently supported routes:
- Put in one or more route numbers, separated by spaces or commas, and see all vehicles on those routes, put in a stop number to see all buses serving that stop, or put in an individual vehicle number (printed on the side of MTA buses).
- You can request a route schedule for any MTA route by entering its number. Schedules can be viewed as origin/destination tables or on a map. On the map, see when the next bus/train is scheduled to arrive by tapping on a stop. See all times for that stop by tapping on the info window that appears.
- Select your current location or an address you enter or select on a map as a search location for MTA stops that are nearby. You can specify a maximum number of stops to return as well as an optional route filter.
- You can define alerts for when a MTA vehicle is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by MTA.
- Because these alerts depend on the vehicle following the shape defineUd by MTA, if the vehicle is on detour, or if the vehicle isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose an origin, a destination, and the time you would like to either depart or arrive, and the Google Maps app will display the different options available using MTA's buses and trains.
- Choose a light or dark theme. - Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map. - Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off. - Adjust the update interval of MTA vehicle locations. - Choose a custom ringtone for MTA alerts.
This is not an official MTA app; I am not affiliated with MTA in any way.
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Feb 11, 2016
INSTALLATIONS: 10,000 - 50,000
LATEST VERSION: 3.2.11
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.3.3 and up
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
precise (GPS) location
Access precise location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
control vibration alert
Allows the application to control the vibration alert.
automatically start at boot
Allows an application to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the application to slow down overall performance of the phone by constantly running.
prevent phone from sleeping
Allows an application to prevent the phone from going to sleep.