Make your phone work for you – Replace your Android lockscreen with LockMenu. LockMenu Pro: No ads! We appreciate your amazing support. Keep the ideas coming. This upgrade has some new features on the look of your LockMenu (e.g. a new ...Read more
Make your phone work for you – Replace your Android lockscreen with LockMenu.
LockMenu Pro: No ads!
We appreciate your amazing support. Keep the ideas coming.
This upgrade has some new features on the look of your LockMenu (e.g. a new slider style), performance improvements and minor bug fixes.
Note - We DO NOT (and never have) collected any information from your phone other than application bug/force close reports from Google/BugSense. All installation requested privileges are used by some feature of the application (e.g direct dialing, allowing you to turn on/off your GPS/wifi/airplane mode,...). We DO NOT know/collect your email, contacts, phone number...
Welcome to the LockMenu, we are very excited that so many of you like the app. Please send us feedback, new features and issues/bugs, we respond to all emails (firstname.lastname@example.org)
LockMenu Pro (this version) does not have ads. Other than removing the ads there are no other differences between Lockmenu Pro (paid) and Lockmenu (ad supported).
LockMenu is a replacement lock screen that gives you the ability to launch applications and shortcuts directly from your lock screen. LockMenu gives you the ability to customize 7 individual sliders so you can build a lock screen that fits your needs.
Launch an application, direct text, or direct dial all from your lock screen.
No need to unlock your phone and navigate to your Home app, just to launch another application. LockMenu allows you to access the tasks you perform regularly on the first screen that appears.
LockMenu Features Include: - Configure up to 9 sliders - Launch applications or shortcuts from sliders - Launch direct dial or direct text from sliders - Go to Home screen from sliders - Configure whether each slider unlocks device - Wallpaper or custom background - Easy access to phone controls (wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode)
- Updates and Testing – Since LockMenu controls access to your phone we must test extensively. We have 6 different models of android phones we test on before releasing the code to a test group. Our extensive testing slows down adding new features. If we were implementing a game, a mistake would not be as critical, we are controlling your phone so a mistake is more then annoying.
- Alarm clock issues (mostly HTC users) - Unfortunately LockMenu does not work well with the normal HTC alarm clock. We found that using Alarm Clock Plus from the Android market eliminates any alarm clock issues. Note - We are in no way affiliated with Alarm Clock Plus.
- Quirky behavior – Every type of android phone is slightly different. Changes we make may work differently on different types of phone (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S vs. Droid 2 vs. any HTC phones). We currently test on 6 different phones prior to releasing to a small set of users for testing. Even with all this testing, there are some quirky behaviors (like the normal android unlock slider periodically coming up) that we cannot completely fix. We have to fool android into letting us do what we do.
- Performance - We are constantly looking at ways to improve the performance of the LockMenu application. One use of the Lockmenu Background service is to prepare the screen for display of the LockMenu as the phone is going to sleep. We will continue to look at ways to improve the apps performance and welcome any suggestions.
- Security (Pin, password, Pattern)- If you use Android's unlock security (e.g. PIN/Password/Pattern) please see our FAQ at http://lockmenu.com/faq. While LockMenu works with Android's unlock security (works the best with Pattern), it's not as clean as we would like...we find this very frustrating but its due to Androids security implementation.
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Aug 7, 2013
INSTALLATIONS: 1,000 - 5,000
LATEST VERSION: 1.2.0
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.1 to 4.1
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
view Wi-Fi status
Allows an application to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.
create Bluetooth connections
Allows an application to view configuration of the local Bluetooth phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
control vibration alert
Allows the application to control the vibration alert.
Allows an application to disable the keylock and any associated password security. A legitimate example of this is the phone disabling the keylock when receiving an incoming phone call, then re-enabling the keylock when the call is finished.
automatically start at boot
Allows an application to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the application to slow down overall performance of the phone by constantly running.
prevent phone from sleeping
Allows an application to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
modify global system settings
Allows an application to modify the systemʼs settings data. Malicious applications can corrupt your systemʼs configuration.
make application always run
Allows an application to make parts of itself persistent, so the system canʼt use it for other applications.
retrieve running applications
Allows application to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. May allow malicious applications to discover private information about other applications.
set preferred applications
Allows an application to modify your preferred applications. This can allow malicious applications to silently change the applications that are ran, spoofing your existing applications to collect private data from you.
display system-level alerts
Allows an application to show system alert windows. Malicious applications can take over the entire screen of the phone.
change Wi-Fi state
Allows an application to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points, and to make changes to configured Wi-Fi networks.
Allows an application to configure the local Bluetooth phone, and to discover and pair with remote devices.
modify/delete SD card contents
Allows an application to write to the SD card.
read phone state and identity
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to, ect.
directly call phone numbers
Allows the application to call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious applications may cause unexpected calls on your phone bill. Note that this does not allow the application to call emergency numbers.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
read contact data
Allows an application to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious applications can use this to send your data to other people.
precise (GPS) location
Access precise location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.