For most of us hard-working folks, waking up early(ish) in the morning can be difficult, which is why we depend on alarm clocks to help us start ...Read more
*** Free TRIAL version available. *** ** Buyers within the European Union: 19% VAT will be added to the sales price ** Languages: Български, Česky, Danske, Deutsch, English, Français, Magyar, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português ...Read more
*** Free TRIAL version available. ***
** Buyers within the European Union: 19% VAT will be added to the sales price **
Languages: Български, Česky, Danske, Deutsch, English, Français, Magyar, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português (do Brasil), Русский, 中文(简体)
Full explanation of all permissions given below.
- most feature rich alarm clock on the market - full Lollipop integration - you can automatically activate Lollipop's new "priority" mode with the night display - you can decide if alarms should also ring in Lollipop's new "no interruptions" mode (by default off) - on newer devices, use can use Google Voice "set alarm at 7am" or "remind me to buy milk at 10am" - speech input and output - choose own colors, font size, backgrounds - night display with customizable font color and size - flashlight - dock support - tries to you wake you up during light sleep (optional, see below) - mp3, ringtones, playlists, folders, internet radio, can create own playlists by choosing an artist or genre... - uses own media player for super-gentle fade-in of music - silent alarm with slowly increasing vibration - large button mode for users with glasses - flip to snooze, shake to dismiss - puzzle or math tests if you are awake - Tasker and SleepBot support
An alarm clock shouldn't shell-shock you out of your dreams. That's why I created Gentle Alarm which tries to wake you up during light sleep using an optional pre-alarm.
Alarm clocks can't know if you are in light sleep or deep sleep (those movement based alarm clock don't work) but they can play a very quiet pre-alarm which you will only hear if you are in light sleep. If you are in deep sleep, you will simply sleep through the pre-alarm.
The pre-alarm plays 30min before you really want to get up (you can change that). If the pre-alarm wakes you up, you will be more refreshed than if you had slept until the main alarm because at that time you would have fallen back into deep sleep. Give it a try and I am sure you won't want to miss it anymore.
Of course, the app has all the usual features of a great alarm clock: It can switch to a night display automatically when docking the phone. It can automatically shorten the snooze time with each time you press snooze. It can automatically create playlists of your favorite artist or genre. And it allows you to change colors, fonts, and backgrounds.
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: So it can activate an alarm after you reboot the phone. After reboot, all alarms of all apps are cancelled by default.
* WAKE_LOCK: So the phone can stay on while playing an alarm or while displaying the night display.
* DISABLE_KEYGUARD: When the alarm rings, you don't have to unlock the phone to be able to turn the alarm off.
* VIBRATE: obvious
* WRITE_SETTINGS: It adjusts some system settings such as airplane mode, silent mode, etc.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: It logs some data on your SD card.
* READ_PHONE_STATE: So it can turn off the alarm when the phone rings and prevent an alarm from ringing while you are talking on the phone.
* READ_LOGS: So you can send me debug data (if you choose to)
* INTERNET: So that I can display ads (trial version only). Also, if the app crashes, it offers to send me a debug report directly to my servers. The app will politely ask you if you want to send that data or not. If you do, it needs an internet connection. If not, it doesn't but I still need the permission in the app because you may want to send the debug data.
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Apr 20, 2015
SIZE Varies with device
INSTALLATIONS: 100,000 - 500,000
LATEST VERSION: Varies with device
ANDROID VERSIONVaries with device
automatically start at boot
Allows an application to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the application to slow down overall performance of the phone by constantly running.
prevent phone from sleeping
Allows an application to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
modify global system settings
Allows an application to modify the systemʼs settings data. Malicious applications can corrupt your systemʼs configuration.
Allows an application to disable the keylock and any associated password security. A legitimate example of this is the phone disabling the keylock when receiving an incoming phone call, then re-enabling the keylock when the call is finished.
read system log files
Allows an application to read from the systemʼs various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the phone, but should not contain any personal or private information.
control vibration alert
Allows the application to control the vibration alert.
read phone state and identity
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to, ect.
modify/delete SD card contents
Allows an application to write to the SD card.
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.