+++ latest version 5.5.0 now available +++ Whether on holiday, taking a weekend trip or heading off somewhere as yet unfamiliar – with NAVIGON, you can be sure of getting there quickly and safely! Transform your Smartphone into a ...Read more
+++ latest version 5.5.0 now available +++
Whether on holiday, taking a weekend trip or heading off somewhere as yet unfamiliar – with NAVIGON, you can be sure of getting there quickly and safely! Transform your Smartphone into a full-performance mobile navigation system that includes onboard maps so that you can always find your way – even when no internet connection1 is available.
Important: Following installation, the app needs further data (maps, etc.) which have to be loaded via WiFi (WLAN).
*** Scope of function *** - Support of 18 languages
- Onboard map material: only save the road maps on your Smartphone that you really need. That way, you save on memory space and can navigate even when no internet connection is available.
- Intelligent address entry, including voice entry(1): thanks to the first-class, simplified address entry, which can be operated using the keypad or via voice input, you can find your destination even more quickly.
- Precise voice commands, including street names: so that you can concentrate on driving the car.
- The latest traffic reports(1, 2): avoid annoying jams automatically.
- Hazard warnings(1, 2): you can choose to receive alerts of danger spots such as mobile speed traps.
- POI search: find your destination even without entering the address directly – locally, Community-based or using Augmented Reality.
- Real signage and road sign displays: you always have an overview thanks to photo-realistic views of junctions and road signs.
- Dynamic lane assistant: at junctions where the exit is unclear or on motorway exits, be guided into the right lane every time.
- Speed assistant: NAVIGON warns you visually or audibly if you are exceeding the permitted speed limit.
- Optimal route: choose the right option for you, from up to three suggested routes.
- Route planning: plan longer trips with several destinations en route.
- Expanded pedestrian navigation: navigate to your destination on foot too – or use Urban Guidance1,2 if you also want to include public transport.
- Many other in-app purchases possible: alternative petrol stations, 3D maps showing mountains and valleys, and much more.
*** Maps *** - Latest Map Guarantee for the latest HERE maps(3) (formerly Navteq), with the following coverage: AL, AN, AT, BA, BE, BG, BY, CH, CZ, DE, DK, EE, ES, FI, FR, GI, GR, HR, HU, IE, IM, IS, IT, LI, LT, LU, LV, MC, MD, ME, ME, MT, NL, NO, PL, PT, RK, RO, SE, SI, SM, RS, SK, TR, UK, VA
- NAVIGON FreshMaps(2): For a one-off payment, you get the latest map updates from experts up to four times a year, for two years! It means that your app is always up-to-date, containing the latest changes to the road network and any amount of new points of interest.
*** Please note the following *** The correct positioning of your Smartphone in the vehicle is important for optimum GPS reception. For that reason, we recommend the Garmin Smartphone Universal Mount with additional USB connection so that you can also charge your Smartphone during your trip. Continuous use of GPS can shorten battery life. Available in specialist stores or directly from the Garmin Shop at www.garmin.com. Please also note our FAQ area at www.navigon.com. This version of NAVIGON can require up to 3.4GB of free memory (depending on the number of maps you download). Due to the high data volume, we recommend using WiFi (WLAN). On first startup a short data connection (ca. 25kB) is mandatory to register your product
NAVIGON wishes you a lot of fun from your navigation!
(1)To be able to provide you with the latest reports at all times, some functions require an internet connection (e.g. traffic reports or speed camera alerts). However, the navigation system itself, including address search, speed display, driving lane assistant and much more, does not require the internet. (2)Available as an additional in-app purchase. (3)You get the maps most up-to-date at the time you purchase the app
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Nov 19, 2015
INSTALLATIONS: 100,000 - 500,000
LATEST VERSION: 5.5.1
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.3.3 and up
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
read contact data
Allows an application to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious applications can use this to send your data to other people.
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
view Wi-Fi status
Allows an application to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.
create Bluetooth connections
Allows an application to view configuration of the local Bluetooth phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
precise (GPS) location
Access precise location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
approximate (network-based) location
Access location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine approximately where you are.
prevent phone from sleeping
Allows an application to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
modify global system settings
Allows an application to modify the systemʼs settings data. Malicious applications can corrupt your systemʼs configuration.
change Wi-Fi state
Allows an application to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points, and to make changes to configured Wi-Fi networks.
retrieve running applications
Allows application to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. May allow malicious applications to discover private information about other applications.
Allows an application to configure the local Bluetooth phone, and to discover and pair with remote devices.
send sticky broadcast
Allows an application to send sticky broadcasts, which remain after the broadcast ends. Malicious applications can make the phone slow or unstable by causing it to use too much memory.
modify/delete SD card contents
Allows an application to write to the SD card.
Allows application to take pictures with the camera. This allows the application at any time to collect images the camera is seeing.
control vibration alert
Allows the application to control the vibration alert.
Allows the application to control the flashlight.
change your audio settings
Allows application to modify global audio settings such as volume and routing.
send SMS messages
Allows application to send SMS messages. Malicious applications may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.