Find pubs in the UK where you and your best friend are welcome to share a good meal and a pint. Drawing on the extensive database of pubs from http://doggiepubs.org.uk, allows you to quickly find and map dog-friendly pubs near your current ...Read more
Find pubs in the UK where you and your best friend are welcome to share a good meal and a pint.
Drawing on the extensive database of pubs from http://doggiepubs.org.uk, allows you to quickly find and map dog-friendly pubs near your current location or to search for and do the same for any other location within the UK.
- shows an easy to browse summary of all the pubs within about a 12 mile radius of your chosen location including a star rating and a description - where a website is provided allows one-click browsing to see more details - integrates with Google Maps and Google Navigation so that you can easily locate and navigate to the pub of your choice - includes a one-click telephone option to enable you to contact the pub and make a reservation for yourself and your four legged friend - provides a link to the Doggie Pubs website to allow you to submit new pubs from your phone
NOTE: since February 2011 (and since v0.8 beta), I am no longer officially associated with doggiepubs.org.uk. I have therefore removed any branding associated with their site. I have continued to use public URLs from the website to obtain data. As I have significantly updated the functionality of this app for my personal use and it seems to have a degree of popularity, I have taken the decision to release these updates to existing users. You should be aware that doggiepubs.org.uk informed me when we parted company at the beginning of the year that they were working on a new official Android app and you may wish to check their website for news of its availability (http://www.doggiepubs.org.uk/mobile/).
-- More detailed change history v1.2/3
- 1.2 introduced issues, 1.3 is the same as 1.1
- added to Market for devices without phone and/or GPS support (e.g. tablets)
- no changes except version
- fixed niggle where you had to double click Find Pubs button
- added a request for users to rate and review the application with detailed instructions - added ability to show distances in miles or kilometers (see Settings under menu) - added a link to the Doggie Pubs website to allow submission of new pubs from your phone - tidied up layout, fonts, colours, etc...
- fixed bug where the wrong info would appear in a slowly loading list of pubs - tidied up code and committed to local SVN
- all negative comments from reviews of v0.7 beta have been addressed and fixed - streamlined - pubs ordered by distance from search location - pubs displayed with details in a single scrollable list - integration with Google Maps and Navigation Internet Browser Phone - lots of bug and quality fixes - doggiepubs branding removed
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Jan 18, 2013
INSTALLATIONS: 10,000 - 50,000
LATEST VERSION: 1.3
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.1 and up
approximate (network-based) location
Access location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine approximately where you are.
precise (GPS) location
Access precise location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
modify/delete SD card contents
Allows an application to write to the SD card.
directly call phone numbers
Allows the application to call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious applications may cause unexpected calls on your phone bill. Note that this does not allow the application to call emergency numbers.