Bible Reading Plan - M'Cheyne provides a way to track your daily Bible reading according to Robert Murray M'Cheyne's well know schedule. You can track your progress throughout the year. Features: * No Ads. This app has never incorporated ...Read more
Bible Reading Plan - M'Cheyne provides a way to track your daily Bible reading according to Robert Murray M'Cheyne's well know schedule. You can track your progress throughout the year.
* No Ads. This app has never incorporated ads nor will it as far as I can control
* Reminder notifications
* Realign schedule to bring unread days forward
* Backup to and restore from sdcard
* Share reading plan via email, Evernote, Google Drive, etc. as a method for keeping multiple devices synchronized
* Create a new reading plan starting on any day of the year
* Quickly and painlessly mark or clear all passages to any given day
* Track your reading either to the classic schedule created by M'Cheyne or D.A. Carson's variation.
* Navigate to earliest unread passage, the current date, or any past or future date in the reading plan.
* Tapping a verse's text will automatically launch the verse in the Olive Tree's Bible Study app (if installed), in Bible Gateway through a web browser, or will pop up the ESV.
* Handles leap years. :-)
Please note that this app is in no way affiliated with Olive Tree or Bible Gateway. Olive Tree's and Bible Gateway's trade marks and copyrights are their own.
* Internet permission required for ESV pop-up.
* Read from and write to external storage required for backup and restore.
* Retrieve running apps to determine if Bible app is actively running or not.
* Receive boot completed used to restart reminder service.
* Wake lock used to keep device awake while updating status bar reminder; then released.
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Nov 18, 2014
INSTALLATIONS: 10,000 - 50,000
LATEST VERSION: 1.20
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.0 and up
automatically start at boot
Allows an application to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the application to slow down overall performance of the phone by constantly running.
prevent phone from sleeping
Allows an application to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
retrieve running applications
Allows application to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. May allow malicious applications to discover private information about other applications.
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
modify/delete SD card contents
Allows an application to write to the SD card.