The NFC Easy Connect app allows your smartphone to connect easily with NFC-compatible Sony devices (speakers, headphones, etc.). Just touch your smartphone to the N mark on an NFC-compatible Sony device to register (pair) the devices and ...Read more
The NFC Easy Connect app allows your smartphone to connect easily with NFC-compatible Sony devices (speakers, headphones, etc.).
Just touch your smartphone to the N mark on an NFC-compatible Sony device to register (pair) the devices and connect them through Bluetooth (one-touch connection).
For details on smartphones on which the NFC Easy Connect app needs to be installed, check “Compatible smartphones” below.
You do not need to install the NFC Easy Connect app if you are using an NFC-compatible smartphone with Android OS 4.1 or later installed.
- Compatible smartphones NFC-compatible smartphones with Android 2.3.3 or later (prior to Android 4.1) installed
Some smartphones may already have an app installed with similar functions. In this case, the NFC Easy Connect app is not needed. See the manual of your smartphone for details.
- Making a one-touch connection with your smartphone 1. Unlock the screen. 2. Touch the NFC detection area of your smartphone that has this app installed to the N mark on an NFC-compatible Sony device. 3. The smartphone vibrates when a connection to the NFC-compatible Sony device is established. (You do not need to activate the NFC Easy Connect app.)
- Main functions 1. Simple device registration (pairing) and connection by one touch. (NFC Bluetooth Handover) Touching your smartphone to an NFC-compatible Sony device turns the power of the device on and establishes a Bluetooth connection at the same time. Even when connecting to an NFC-compatible Sony device for the first time, both device registration and Bluetooth connection can be completed with this one-touch operation.
2. Simple disconnection by one touch. To disconnect the connection, simply touch the smartphone to the NFC-compatible Sony device.
3. Simple switching of connected devices by one touch. If you have multiple NFC-compatible Sony devices, just touch the smartphone to a different device to disconnect from the current device and connect to the new one. For example, if your smartphone is connected with NFC-compatible headphones through a Bluetooth connection and you want to connect to an NFC-compatible speaker instead, just touch the smartphone to the speaker to establish a Bluetooth connection to the speaker.
4. Operation at your fingertips You can turn the Bluetooth function on and off, and connect or disconnect easily using the app screen.
- Check the following if a connection cannot be established. 1．Make sure the NFC Easy Connect app is activated or the NFC function of your smartphone is turned on. 2．Make sure the screen of your smartphone is unlocked. 3．Depending on the smartphone you are using, it may not be possible to make a one-touch connection while the smartphone is being charged. Finish charging first, then perform the one-touch operation. 4．If the smartphone is in a case, the listening device may not react to one-touch; remove the smartphone from the case first.
* The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Sony Corporation is under license.
* The N mark is a trademark or registered trademark of NFC Forum, Inc. in the United States and in other countries.
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Sep 30, 2013
SIZE Varies with device
INSTALLATIONS: 1,000,000 - 5,000,000
LATEST VERSION: Varies with device
ANDROID VERSIONVaries with device
create Bluetooth connections
Allows an application to view configuration of the local Bluetooth phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
Allows an application to configure the local Bluetooth phone, and to discover and pair with remote devices.
modify global system settings
Allows an application to modify the systemʼs settings data. Malicious applications can corrupt your systemʼs configuration.
display system-level alerts
Allows an application to show system alert windows. Malicious applications can take over the entire screen of the phone.
prevent phone from sleeping
Allows an application to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
send sticky broadcast
Allows an application to send sticky broadcasts, which remain after the broadcast ends. Malicious applications can make the phone slow or unstable by causing it to use too much memory.
control vibration alert
Allows the application to control the vibration alert.
change your audio settings
Allows application to modify global audio settings such as volume and routing.