Talking SMS Reader can be used to have your new unread SMS & MMS messages read aloud to you on demand, using your phone's built in Text-to-speech (TTS) engine. Listen to your messages when you feel like it, while keeping your hands & eyes free ...Read more
Talking SMS Reader can be used to have your new unread SMS & MMS messages read aloud to you on demand, using your phone's built in Text-to-speech (TTS) engine.
Listen to your messages when you feel like it, while keeping your hands & eyes free for other things.
What can Talking SMS Reader do?
• Efficiently fetches all of your unread SMS & MMS messages and reads them to you.
• Easily configure what to read, like sender name, name and message.
• Use volume keys to navigate through the messages.
• Delete messages as you hear them.
• Reply to messages (either by typing or with your voice).
• Mark messages as read as you hear them.
• Can automatically detect the language of the message and load the corresponding Speech synthesis voice (if a voice exists for that language).
• Optionally ignore messages from those not in your contacts.
• Easily filter messages from your contacts.
• Shortcut included to allow you to hear your messages anytime simply by pressing a button!
• Easily configure the spoken messages.
Talking SMS Reader is for having your new messages read out loud on demand.
For those that wish to have their messages read as they arrive, we direct you to www.enhancedsmscallerid.com!
Please update your feedback or consider adding a review!
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Nov 21, 2014
INSTALLATIONS: 1,000 - 5,000
LATEST VERSION: 2.2.1
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.2 and up
read SMS or MMS
Allows application to read SMS messages stored on your phone or SIM card. Malicious applications may read your confidential messages.
edit SMS or MMS
Allows application to write to SMS messages stored on your phone or SIM card. Malicious applications may delete your messages.
Allows application to receive and process SMS messages. Malicious applications may monitor your messages or delete them without showing them to you.
Allows application to receive and process MMS messages. Malicious applications may monitor your messages or delete them without showing them to you.
send SMS messages
Allows application to send SMS messages. Malicious applications may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
read contact data
Allows an application to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious applications can use this to send your data to other people.
read phone state and identity
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to, ect.
change your audio settings
Allows application to modify global audio settings such as volume and routing.
control vibration alert
Allows the application to control the vibration alert.
prevent phone from sleeping
Allows an application to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
create Bluetooth connections
Allows an application to view configuration of the local Bluetooth phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.