Press is a simple and elegant RSS client for popular syncing services. It’s fast and clean, giving you the freedom to enjoy your favorite news. Available services - Feedly http://feedly.com - Feed ...Read more
Press is a simple and elegant RSS client for popular syncing services. It’s fast and clean, giving you the freedom to enjoy your favorite news.
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
Features: - No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
Details: - See the new swipe gestures in action:
http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/ - Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
automatically start at boot
Allows an application to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the application to slow down overall performance of the phone by constantly running.
modify/delete SD card contents
Allows an application to write to the SD card.