The development of this app has been on hold for a while, if JED is not working for you, please try an alternative: IMI - Japanese Dictionary Aedict WWWJDIC for Android Kabuto Japanese Dictionary Makimono Japanese Dictionary Japanese plus ...Read more
The development of this app has been on hold for a while,
if JED is not working for you, please try an alternative:
IMI - Japanese Dictionary Aedict WWWJDIC for Android Kabuto Japanese Dictionary Makimono Japanese Dictionary Japanese plus Cooori JED Akebi Japanese Dictionary
JED is an offline Japanese Dictionary.
- If your app stopped working, please try to delete the jed folder on your sd card and re-install the app from scratch.
- The server is under heavy load, download might get slow. Please be patient and retry.
- The app works offline once the dictionary files are downloaded, BUT sends analytics data (Google) if wifi is available!
- User data ( tags! ) gets deleted when updated!
- Works offline - Search and view results as you type! - Multiple dictionaries ( English-Japanese, French-Japanese, Spanish-Japanese ) - Search in readings (romaji), meanings (english) and japanese (kanji, hiragana and katakana) - Search results can contain words, expressions, kanji (both onyomi and kunyomi) and inflected form for adjectives and verbs. - Filters results based on content type (meaning, reading, character type, parts of speech, common words, common kanji) - Radicals lookup - tags (vocabulary list) with possibility to search and export to Google Docs and Anki. - Animated Stroke Order Diagrams for kanji - Copy-Paste for most of the field and a notepad to gather information - Move to SD card (above 2.2)
- Electronic Dictionaries Research Groups - KanjiVG - Tatoeba - KanjiCafe
keywords: japanese offline dictionary, 英和辞典, learn japanese, study tool, learn kanji
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Jul 13, 2013
INSTALLATIONS: 500,000 - 1,000,000
LATEST VERSION: 0.5.5
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 1.5 and up
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
view Wi-Fi status
Allows an application to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.
approximate (network-based) location
Access location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine approximately where you are.