New York Subway is a superb map and route planner for the NYC Subway and transport systems. ● KEY FEATURES ● ● Simple, fast and easy to use. ● Designed for the first time visitor and experienced commuter. ● Unique "Minute Map" feature provides ...Read more
New York Subway is a superb map and route planner for the NYC Subway and transport systems.
● KEY FEATURES ● ● Simple, fast and easy to use. ● Designed for the first time visitor and experienced commuter. ● Unique "Minute Map" feature provides a view of travel times from any location on the map. ● Professionally drawn colourful and clear map with geographical features and places of interest. ● Planned route animates on the map. ● Online street map integration ( internet connection required). ● Services can be turned on or off, routing around problems. ● Works in both landscape and portrait modes. ● Covers all time-zones - evening, day, rush hours and weekends. ● Easily locates your nearest transport stop. ● Places of interest, parks etc are built in to the application. ● View live service advisories (internet connection required).
● OVERVIEW ● The New York Subway - Map and route planner by Zuti makes it easy to travel in and around New York using the subway, Staten Island railway, Staten Island ferry and JFK Airtrain. The application contains a professionally drawn map and route planner with many unique features. The map provides a simple and colourful view of the city transport services with the ability to flip to an online street map view when an internet connection is available. This way the user can view the online map when above ground and the transport map and route planning is still fully functional underground or anywhere there is no internet connectivity. This provides the best of both worlds, the transport map and route planning anytime, anywhere and online street maps and search when a connection is available.
● ROUTING ● The application does not require an internet connection and will always be available to display a clear and detailed view of the city transport system, plus list and animate the optimum route for your journey. Provides the fastest route calculations of any mobile routing application (virtually instantaneous) using actual published journey times with the ability to select the quickest route or the route with the least changes. Comprehensive details of your planned route are provided, including “direction”, “towards” and “service frequency” information (not available on any other offline journey planner) for example “Take the 3 7th Av Express line (Southbound) towards New Lots Av for 17 mins (7 stops). Service runs every 5 minutes” which is essential when finding the correct platform and direction. Also given are alternatives for each leg of the journey.
● NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED ● The map and routing do not require an internet connection and you will not be charged data connection fees. This means the application saves on battery power and runs perfectly underground, on an aeroplane, etc. For international visitors to a city who have data roaming turned off this is an ideal solution.
● LIVE INFO ● When an internet connection is available, optional "Live Information" on the current state of the transport services can be viewed allowing you to plan your journeys in advance and avoid any potential delays. Unique to this application is the ability to turn off services that are out of action and automatically calculate an alternative route.
● MINUTE MAP ● The unique minute map feature provides a view of walking times from any location on the map. This is helpful for getting a sense of scale and connectivity of the transport system and can provide some interesting results. For example is it quicker to use the subway to go from Harlem/7 Avenue to 155 Street/8 Avenue or is it quicker on foot? (Hint, the quickest route will keep you fitter). No other application makes it so easy to get around on the subway and allow you to make your travel decisions.
Please note, This application is supported via advertising. If you would rather no adverts please see our New York Subway app.
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Jul 11, 2013
INSTALLATIONS: 10,000 - 50,000
LATEST VERSION: 2.1.7
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.2 and up
precise (GPS) location
Access precise location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
approximate (network-based) location
Access location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine approximately where you are.
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.