Turn your smartphone into a touch-screen remote for your WD TV® Live Hub™, WD TV Live™ or WD TV Play™ media player. Control your WD TV experience with the tap of a soft key or the swipe of a finger using the WD TV Remote™ app. Simply launch ...Read more
Turn your smartphone into a touch-screen remote for your WD TV® Live Hub™, WD TV Live™ or WD TV Play™ media player.
Control your WD TV experience with the tap of a soft key or the swipe of a finger using the WD TV Remote™ app. Simply launch the app on your Android™ mobile device and instantly take control of any WD TV Live Hub, WD TV Live or WD TV Play that is connected on the same network.
Key Features: • Control your WD TV from anywhere in your house using your wireless network
• Get one-touch access to launch any online service available on your WD TV
• Enter text using your Android smartphone or tablet keyboard
• Use the gesture pad for quick and easy navigation
• Connect multiple Android mobile devices with the WD TV Remote app and conveniently play multiplayer games
Minimum Requirements: • Android device running mobile operating system version 4.0 or higher
• WD TV Live Hub media center, WD TV Live or WD TV Play media player with the latest firmware.
• WD TV Live Plus with firmware version 1.06.42 or later and WD TV Live HD media player with firmware version 1.06.43 or later.
• Wireless access to your WD TV media player on your network (Your media player may be connected to your network via Ethernet port or wirelessly)
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WesternDigital Follow us on Twitter: @WesternDigital
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Nov 26, 2014
INSTALLATIONS: 1,000,000 - 5,000,000
LATEST VERSION: 2.0.1
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 4.0 and up
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
view Wi-Fi status
Allows an application to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
allow Wi-Fi Multicast reception
Allows an application to receive packets not directly addressed to your device. This can be useful when discovering services offered nearby. It uses more power than the non-multicast mode.