City? Country? Where does the call come from? Caller ID with over 8,000 european and 650 international dialing codes. This app shows during an incoming call, the city or the country. The call list is expanded to include the city and ...Read more
City? Country? Where does the call come from?
Caller ID with over 8,000 european and 650 international dialing codes. This app shows during an incoming call, the city or the country. The call list is expanded to include the city and country.
For the USA the App only covers the states. Please do not downrate if you are missing the city.
Color, font size and postition of the notification can be adjusted.
An internet connection is not needed during the call. All area codes are already included in the app.
If your phone runs on HTC Sense 3.0 the notification might not show up due to the lock screen. We are trying to solve this issue.
***** Frequently asked questions (FAQs)*****
* How does it work? * After the installation the app is running in the background and gets active when an incoming call is detected. The city and the country from the telephone number will be queried from the internal database and will be displayed on the screen.
* The notification is hiding the name of the caller * Use the function "position" to move the notification up or down.
* Why the permission "read phone state and identity"? * The app will be activated by the state of the phone (when an incoming call is detected). The phone identity is not used.
* Why the permission "read contact data"? * When using the function "call log", your contacts will be displayed with their city and country. Your contact data will not be saved or given away to others by the app.
* Will my personal data be send to others? * No. No data is being collected or send to others. The app does not even have the permission "Internet access".
* What about number portability? * The real provider might differ due to number portability. The correctness of the data is not guaranteed.
* Which cities will be displayed? * Over 7,000 cities from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Great Britain, the Netherlands and Norway.
* Which countries will be displayed? * The database contains over 650 country codes.
* What is the price of the app? Does it have any advertisements? * City, Country, Caller ID is free and does not contain advertisements from others.
Suggestions? Comments? Write us an E-Mail.
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: May 7, 2013
INSTALLATIONS: 10,000 - 50,000
LATEST VERSION: 2.1
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.2 and up
read phone state and identity
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to, ect.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
read contact data
Allows an application to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious applications can use this to send your data to other people.