Calendar Droid is a calendar application that works with all the calendars on your device (such as Google Calendar, Exchange, Facebook, Birthdays, etc.) The philosophy behind this app is a calendar that is easy to use, clean, intuitive, and ...Read more
Calendar Droid is a calendar application that works with all the calendars on your device (such as Google Calendar, Exchange, Facebook, Birthdays, etc.)
The philosophy behind this app is a calendar that is easy to use, clean, intuitive, and highly customizable.
This is the paid version of Calendar Droid. There is a free version that will remain free and without ads. Please consider supporting the development by buying this.
FEATURES ONLY IN PAID VERSION: • Advanced recurrence/repeating rules like bi-weekly (choose 'Weekly' to show more options), etc. • Copy/paste of events • Preview on color settings • (**Android 3+ only**) Agenda widget (**Android 3+ only**) • Select which calendars to show • Change default reminder time
FEATURES: • Month View / Week View / Day View / Agenda View / Weeks View • View events • Add/edit events • Settings to customize (many options for customization) • Action Bar on all versions of Android
FUTURE FEATURES IN PAID VERSION ONLY: **** THESE ARE NOT IN THE VERSION YET! • Localization (more languages) • Change calendar colors • Search events • Color themes • More widgets
Remember: You have to synchronize the calendars to your device for them to show up.
PERMISSIONS: • READ CONTACT DATA If you have any guests (or attendees) on an event and you have that person in your contacts the app will read information from that contact and show it when viewing an event. The contact picture will show up and then clicked will take you to the default "contact clicked" scenario. I know this permission looks bad together with internet access but I do not store nor send any contact info. Only contacts that are guests to viewed events are read by the program.
• READ CALENDAR EVENTS This should be obvious. Read the description again and see if you can spot what this is used for ;)
• ADD OR MODIFY CALENDAR EVENTS AND SEND EMAIL TO GUESTS Again, this should be obvious. Calendar Droid needs to change your calendar events. Sending emails to guests is done when putting email addresses in the "guest" box when creating an event.
• WAKE LOCK Used by the widget. This actually saves battery since the widget does not wake up the phone when it has the screen off. The wake lock is only used to keep the phone alive during updates. The update interval is controller by "alarms".
• READ SYNC SETTINGS Use to read which calendars that are synchronized to the device.
• GET ACCOUNTS Used to find accounts with calendars so they can be selected to be synchronized.
• MANAGE ACCOUNTS Used to manage the synchronize settings for calendars under a account.
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Jan 19, 2013
INSTALLATIONS: 1,000 - 5,000
LATEST VERSION: 1.6.6
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.1 and up
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
read contact data
Allows an application to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious applications can use this to send your data to other people.
read calendar data
Allows an application to read all of the calendar events stored on your phone. Malicious applications can use this to send your calendar events to other people.
write calendar data
Allows an application to modify the calendar events stored on your phone. Malicious applications can use this to erase or modify your calendar data.
prevent phone from sleeping
Allows an application to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
read sync settings
Allows an application to read the sync settings, such as whether sync is enabled for contacts.
discover known accounts
Allows an application to get the list of accounts known by the phone.
manage the accounts list
Allows an application to perform operations like adding, and removing accounts and deleting their password.