The Learn Languages: English app is divided into 4 main sections which allow you to improve your language skills. Each of the major sections is described below: 1) LISTENING The app dictates the text in a website in English while you read ...Read more
The Learn Languages: English app is divided into 4 main sections which allow you to improve your language skills. Each of the major sections is described below:
1) LISTENING The app dictates the text in a website in English while you read along. Practice your listening and reading at the same time. For example, you can brush up on your English by having the app read a website or a RSS to you.
2) TEST YOUR ENGLISH This Activity teaches you how to pronounce English properly and also checks your pronunciation to make sure you do it right.
Each test consists from ten questions, and at the end of each test is evaluated your score, which you can later improve.
3) TRANSLATE Translate lets you instantly translate between the following languages: - English - Spanish - French - Italian - German
Mark your favorite translations for easy access in the future. In addition, the app provides a list of related phrases.
You can use your translation history to access a previous translation quickly, even when you're offline.
4) PHRASEBOOK Our phrasebook give you a comprehensive mix of practical and social words and phrases.
Tap a phrase and it will be spoken for you in your language and then in English.
[ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ] - You must have installed the English voice ("Pico TTS”, “IVONA”, etc.) and the voice for the language configured on your mobile.
To check this go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings > Pico TTS (Pico TTS settings) and then click on "Install voice data" and install at least the English "Pico TTS", and the "Pico TTS" for the language configured on your mobile
- To check whether your phone has voice recognition capabilities make sure you have this package installed on your mobile: Voice recognition: "Voice search"
- The supported languages are: English, Spanish, French, Italian and German.
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Mar 25, 2015
INSTALLATIONS: 100,000 - 500,000
LATEST VERSION: 3.1.0
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 3.0 and up
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
read phone state and identity
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to, ect.