SwitchMe ceates user login profiles just like on a desktop computer, with each having its own system settings, apps and data based on your current ROM. WARNING READ BELOW CAREFULLY ALL THE WAY THROUGH Offers advantages in application and ...Read more
SwitchMe ceates user login profiles just like on a desktop computer, with each having its own system settings, apps and data based on your current ROM.
WARNING READ BELOW CAREFULLY ALL THE WAY THROUGH
Offers advantages in application and user security over stock multi-user and works on any Android version. It also allows secondary users to have their own system, framework and debugging settings. It also includes a lock screen system that allows multiple users to log in and out without accessing other user desktops.
SwitchMe requires root/superuser permissions, look here for information on what that means and do some research online: http://fahrbot.co.uk/root
- Use multiple instant messenger or gaming accounts on one phone
- Testing - Create a sandbox profile to test applications and themes
- Privacy - securely share one device among many users, protect profiles with passwords or patterns
- Battery - switch to a profile which only contains your essentials and save power through brute force
- Kids - a protected profile, with only the apps and access you feel comfortable with
- Gaming - overclock for maximum performance in intensive games. Run benchmark tools
- Languages - permanently change language settings
- Speed - temporarily remove clutter, with no kids games, messengers or bloatware to slow things down
Incorrect use of this application can potentially harm your device. Do not ignore in-app warnings!
- As a best practice you should have your superuser app installed into /system.
- If you cannot switch profiles or the app is crashing, you have likely broken the apps root access in your current profile. Uninstall, reboot and install from Google Play again. Your data will survive this reboot intact, dont worry.
- Most devices should be compatible as long as they have enough free internal memory to create profiles. The application will warn users if available memory is low, so only worry if you get a warning. In the future we will add a function to store profiles on removable media.
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Dec 15, 2015
INSTALLATIONS: 100,000 - 500,000
LATEST VERSION: 184.108.40.206.B33
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 4.0 and up
automatically start at boot
Allows an application to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the application to slow down overall performance of the phone by constantly running.
display system-level alerts
Allows an application to show system alert windows. Malicious applications can take over the entire screen of the phone.
Allows an application to disable the keylock and any associated password security. A legitimate example of this is the phone disabling the keylock when receiving an incoming phone call, then re-enabling the keylock when the call is finished.
modify global system settings
Allows an application to modify the systemʼs settings data. Malicious applications can corrupt your systemʼs configuration.
read system log files
Allows an application to read from the systemʼs various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the phone, but should not contain any personal or private information.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.