A fine wine travel guide to South Africa, and encyclopedia of South Africa's greatest wineries. 128 Wineries/producers (Content also available when offline.) It includes descriptions of the regions and wineries in: • Swartland (Malmesbury) ...Read more
A fine wine travel guide to South Africa, and encyclopedia of South Africa's greatest wineries.
128 Wineries/producers (Content also available when offline.)
It includes descriptions of the regions and wineries in: • Swartland (Malmesbury) (8 producers) • Tulbagh (4 producers) • Darling (2 producers) • Stellenbosch (Bottelary, Devon Valley, Papegaaiberg, Jonkershoek Valley, and Simonsberg) (61 producers) • Durbanville (5 wineries) • Constantia (inc. Cape Point) (7 producers) • Franschhoek (10 producers) • Paarl & Wellington (18 producers) • Robertson (Breede River Valley) (5 producers) • Elgin (2 producers) • Walker Bay (Hemel-en-Aarde Valley, Elim) (6 producers)
A section on the “History of South African Wine”
A section called "Before You Arrive" with a few tips and advice.
WINERY DESCRIPTIONS INCLUDE: • Links you can open with your browser, • Region • Size of the vineyard(s) • Current owner • Current winemaker • A brief description of the winery. • Cellar Door information • Address with a link to Google Maps (if we have the accurate gps coordinates) • Phone number (with a link to call, note if listed two phone-numbers you need to delete the excess you do not want to call) • Emails (with a link to email them, if we have also listed their contact-webpage, you will need to delete this address) • Fax • GPS address (if we have their gps coordinates, which you can tap into your navigation system.) • A star feature, allowing you to save the winery in the favourites section. (Here you can also get suggestions)
NAVIGATION IN THE APP: Front-page is made up of five images that functions as buttons to the different sections:
• WINE-LIST.ME logo - centre, gets you to the "about section" and links to our blog, twitter and facebook page.
• Map image - top right, links you to a map with links to the different "regions". Tap the name of the region and get to the description of this region with chosen wineries listed underneath.
• Book image - bottom right, links you to the history description on South African Wine.
• The glass image - bottom left, gets you to a list of links to all the included Wineries.
• Notebook & pen image - top left - gets you to the "Before You Arrive" section, where we have listed some useful tips and advice.
Also quick links to get back- available from your menu button (when in the different subsections) .