http://SunTrajectory.net enables you to predict the sun path and its shadow, simply looking through your phone. Find sunrise and sunset times, not only on the horizon, but also depending on a building or a mountain. The summer and winter ...Read more
http://SunTrajectory.net enables you to predict the sun path and its shadow, simply looking through your phone.
Find sunrise and sunset times, not only on the horizon, but also depending on a building or a mountain.
The summer and winter solstices show the extreme positions of the sun over a year.
You can also predict the shadow, the sunlight in and out of a house, and even where the sun will be... if reflected in water!
Caution: some phones don't handle correctly gyroscopic sensors. Should you notice any innaccurate display, try deactivating gyros into application menu/settings.
http://SunTrajectory.net in the press: AppsZoom . rated 4* . "Easy, useful and powerful VR app." 100BestAndroidApps . "This really is a special app." Professional photographer Alan Goldstein . "An invaluable tool for planning photographs." Location manager Mariano Cukar . "It's a tool every location manager and scouter should have." Golf Course Superintendent Logan Freeman . "Helps me determine which trees need to be removed or to be pruned."
* Visualize the sunlight in and out of a house you wish to buy for every month of the year.
* Predict the consequences of a shadow.
* Think about the orientation of a terrace, imagine creating a new window.
* Export your photos, including the drawing of the sun path, to your computer and integrate those pictures into a report (for example: photovoltaics).
* Plan your pictures according to the light effect you wish to create.
* Plan when a subject (like a statue for instance) will be lit from the angle you have chosen.
* Plan when that same subject will be aligned with the moon.
* Use the calendar of the moon phases.
* Plan when the sun will light a scene (and not be hidden by a mountain or a building).
* Imagine the outline of shadows on the scene at a later date.
* Use the agenda to plan your future pictures.
* This way, you will know when to return to the site to take your picture to the maximum effect.
* Use Google Maps to pinpoint its exact location.
Justification of the authorizations required by the app:
* Modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents Photos are saved on the SD card.
* Coarse (network-based) location / fine (GPS) location The app requires your location to compute the trajectories.
* Prevent device from sleeping Only while the app is running.
* Full Internet access Used by GoogleMaps only.
* Take pictures and videos The app takes pictures and displays video.
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Sep 29, 2015
INSTALLATIONS: 1,000 - 5,000
LATEST VERSION: 2.8g
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.2 and up
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
Allows application to take pictures with the camera. This allows the application at any time to collect images the camera is seeing.
approximate (network-based) location
Access location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine approximately where you are.
precise (GPS) location
Access precise location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious applications can use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
prevent phone from sleeping
Allows an application to prevent the phone from going to sleep.