Quickly chop audio samples from Music on your device and save them anywhere on your SDCARD for use in music applications. Supports MP3 and AAC. Powerful waveform display for chopping. Pan, Zoom, and fine adjust movements. Please be aware ...Read more
Quickly chop audio samples from Music on your device and save them anywhere on your SDCARD for use in music applications. Supports MP3 and AAC.
Powerful waveform display for chopping. Pan, Zoom, and fine adjust movements.
Please be aware that currently Sonic Chop is designed to chop very large Music or WAV files. It has not been designed/tested for small WAV files (less than 5-6megs)
● BASIC OPERATION: TAP "inside" the selected area to only play the selection. Set the "LOOP" button to loop the selection when it plays. TAP "outside" the selected area to play the song normally.
● Use Beat snap to move your chop selection back and forth a beat at a time
● Use fine adjust to fine tune your selection. Fine adjust will adjust whatever parameter you moved last (pan, left marker move, right marker move, beat snap)
● Loop playback mode to help verify loop cuts.
● Quickly find the BPM of your sample with AUTOMATIC and manual BPM detection PLUS Waveform display shows beat lines for easier adjustment of loop / cut markers (once BPM is set). Easily use the beat lines to verify the BPM is accurate and if not, simply readjust!
● BPM is saved in the filename of the exported Chopped WAV. The chopped sample is instantly ready for use with Electrum Drum Machine or ReLoop Music Sequencer.
● WAV Export to any location on your sdcard - export chopped WAVS to any app - RD3 groovebox, SPC sequencer, Electrum Drum, ReLoop Sequencer, even NanoLoop. Please see each app's help file about what location on the sdcard they can load samples from.
Music to WAV conversion goes fastest on a device with floating point support.
FAST - mostly native code. Waveform display data is cached to sdcard for faster loading next time you chop a WAV.
More features to come soon!
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Dec 9, 2015
INSTALLATIONS: 5,000 - 10,000
LATEST VERSION: 126.96.36.199
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.1 and up
modify/delete SD card contents
Allows an application to write to the SD card.
read phone state and identity
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to, ect.