CardDAV-Sync is a CardDAV client for Android to synchronize contacts. Due to its implementation as sync adapter it integrates seamlessly with the default contacts app. (Also check out CalDAV-Sync) Samsung S5 users: Please note that some S5 ...Read more
CardDAV-Sync is a CardDAV client for Android to synchronize contacts. Due to its implementation as sync adapter it integrates seamlessly with the default contacts app.
(Also check out CalDAV-Sync)
Samsung S5 users: Please note that some S5 devices come with a broken contacts app that crashes when opening a contact synced by this app. Please report any crashes to Samsung.
If you find a bug send me an email, please. Without detailed error description I often can't do anything especially when I can't reproduce it. It's also possible that your server has a bug that CardDAV-Sync can not (yet) tolerate or work around. If you report bugs I can fix them quickly and everyone will benefit.
Also check out the paid version CardDAV-Sync. It syncs some additional fields (like company/organization and notes). For details see my website.
Please uninstall the free version before you install the paid one (and vice versa).
Note to Yahoo!® users: Due to the many issues on Yahoo!'s servers, Yahoo! is no longer officially supported by this app.
After the installation got to "Settings" > "Accounts & Sync" and create a new Account.
Important! If your phone removes the accounts on reboot, move the App back from SD card to the phone. Some phones (if not all) can't handle sync adapters on SD Card properly.
For users who are unable to edit or create synced contacts I published an editor at the market. Just search for "Contact Editor" or see my website.
* Sync contacts from a CardDAV-server (tested and reported to work with DAViCal, SOGo, egroupware, Zimbra, david.fx, Fruux, ownCloud ... and more. See my website for details)
* basic support for self-signed certificates
* syncs names, phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses, photos and birthdays (but please visit "date formats" on my website first)
* automatic address book discovery (works with most servers in default configuration)
* one-way-sync of Apple-style groups
* Support for Apple-style custom labels (X-ABLABEL)
* stores passwords encrypted
* supports efficient sync-collection request
It is still under development and some important features may be missing. Known limitations are:
* organizations, instant messengers, categories, notes and websites are *not* synced by the free version
* SOGo Contact lists are not supported yet (work is in progress)
* only "server wins" and "phone wins" (default) conflict resolution available (that is when a contact is updated on server and on phone between two syncs)
* and maybe more
Please report bugs. Feedback is very welcome.
Btw: just writing a comment like "Doesn't work on..." won't help neither you nor me to get it running on your device. Please contact me if you have problems.
* @david.fx users: david.fx returns all links to contacts from sub-folders. Currently this leads to the situation that some contacts may appear multiple times (joined to one contact)
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: Nov 8, 2015
INSTALLATIONS: 100,000 - 500,000
LATEST VERSION: 0.4.19
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.2 and up
discover known accounts
Allows an application to get the list of accounts known by the phone.
use account authentication credentials
Allows an application to request authentication tokens.
manage the accounts list
Allows an application to perform operations like adding, and removing accounts and deleting their password.
act as an account authenticator
Allows an application to use the account authenticator capabilities of the account manager, including creating accounts and getting and setting their passwords.
full Internet access
Allows an application to create network sockets.
view network state
Allows an application to view the state of all networks.
modify global system settings
Allows an application to modify the systemʼs settings data. Malicious applications can corrupt your systemʼs configuration.
read sync statistics
Allows an application to read the sync stats; e.g., the history of syncs that have occurred.
read sync settings
Allows an application to read the sync settings, such as whether sync is enabled for contacts.
write sync settings
Allows an application to modify the sync settings, such as whether sync is enabled for contacts.
automatically start at boot
Allows an application to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the application to slow down overall performance of the phone by constantly running.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
read contact data
Allows an application to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious applications can use this to send your data to other people.
write contact data
Allows an application to modify the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious applications can use this to erase or modify your contact data.