Mathsys aims at one goal and aims at doing it exceptionally well. That is, solving, storing and sharing mathematical problems irrespective of their complexity. (Please watch the video for a quick intro) This is a re-work of our famous ...Read more
Mathsys aims at one goal and aims at doing it exceptionally well. That is, solving, storing and sharing mathematical problems irrespective of their complexity. (Please watch the video for a quick intro)
This is a re-work of our famous MathScript calculator. The current pre-release alpha version is intended to test the framework and receive user feedback (please scroll to FAQ at the end to see guidelines for feedback).
Nexus 7 users: We do not yet know what is causing the poor app response. Kindly bear with us till we get hold of a Nexus 7 device.
If you find any issues, kindly mail us. Please do not give bad rating. The entire suite of (full version) software will be free and it would be counter productive if the bad rating prevents users from testing it and providing feedback.
Initial loading is slow only for first time. Subsequent loading should take less than 5 seconds (2 sec. in HTC OneX/GalaxyNote)
Features: * Complete scientific suite of calculations similar to mathematica and matlab using SymPy and NumPy libraries * Graphical representation of equations with our smart typesetting mechanism * Full graphical shell using Kivy framework * Publication quality plots through the awesome plotting library "matplotlib"
Note: We haven't yet completed the feature list. More features will be added with each update.
The help system is not implemented fully. So, for now you are on your own to find out certain stuff. But, the system is supposed to be intuitive. Let us know if some things are not evident immediately :)
Thanks for your support.
* I found a problem not listed here Please mail us ASAP! We are waiting for your feedbacks and suggestions and work on the improvements based on those.
* How can I contribute? Currently, we are expecting feedbacks from users to let us know about the feel of the system. You can contribute by just using the app and letting us know if it works well on your system.
* The app is crashing when I open it. Please check if you have around 80 MB free space before installing the app. Some times, the problem could be due to insufficient space in your memory. We will be grateful if you can get a log output and share it with us.
* The app crashed! How to let you know about it? System logs can be very valuable in providing crash reports. You can access the log and mail it to us using the free third party app: "aLogCat".
* Why is it slow? The app is targeted at next generation devices. The slight lag in graphics and delay in computations are visible only in previous generation devices and is almost instant with devices such as HTC One X, Galaxy S3, Note etc.. Also, loading a big program would consume some time. So, please save and close the programs when not needed. Please try to avoid creating very large programs.
* How to share files to others? The files are located at the folder "MathSysData" in your external storage. You can share using any file browser.
* Help button is not working For getting help, focus on a function (you will see a frame surrounding it when focussed) and click help. For some functions, the help system might not be available. We will be adding supporting documents gradually.
* Can I develop custom functions? Yes. You can do complete Python programming. However, much more need to be done to make it user friendly.In future, you will be able to develop your own functions, their graphical representations and even your own keypad set.
* Will this be available in other platforms? The first release is for Android. Once the product matures, we will release versions for iOS, Mac, Linux and Windows.
Device list: Tablets: Motorola Xoom 2 Asus 300T
Hand Phones: HTC Evo 3D Nexus 4G HTC One X Samsung Galaxy SIII Droid 2
Phablets: Samsung Galaxy Note
To-do in upcoming releases (order of priority): * Feedback button to connect to us * Full help system * Additional functions * Better rendering/typesetting for comments * Financial toolbox * Interactive plotting
Do you have a question about this app?
UPDATED ON: May 3, 2013
INSTALLATIONS: 10,000 - 50,000
LATEST VERSION: 1.2.0
REQUIRED ANDROID VERSION: 2.2 and up
prevent phone from sleeping
Allows an application to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
modify/delete SD card contents
Allows an application to write to the SD card.
control vibration alert
Allows the application to control the vibration alert.