HTC Sensation — Taking a screenshot: impossible?

• Replies:14
  • Answered
Thea Ferguson
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 15, 2011, 11:17:41 AM via Website

Hey guys,

I really want to take a screenshot on my HTC Sensation but it seems like an impossible feat. Apparently you have to hook your phone up to a computer? Really? Is there ANY way to bypass this??

Harshad
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 15, 2011, 12:39:46 PM via Website

It is true for all Android phones.

Only workaround is to root the phone.

rich
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 15, 2011, 4:19:06 PM via Website

No its not impossible and you don't have to root your phone. Simply install a programme called myphoneexplorer. There's an option in there to take screen shots. Plenty of guides out there to show you how just google it. You can also take screen shots if you download the android sdk but the myphoneexplorer method is much easier.

No other way to do it.

— modified on Jul 15, 2011, 4:20:56 PM

Caleb Diaz
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 11, 2011, 7:24:21 PM via Website

I searched how to do this, and this came up: http://www.htc.com/us/support/sensation4g-tmobile/help/mechanical .
I felt so happy that I finally found out how, and, it still seems impossible! Because, when you press the power button, it locks the phone. So, pressing the home button afterwards doesn't do anything. And, it isn't impossible to take a screenshot without rooting or an app, because my friend has the Samsung Fascinate, and she just has to press the power and back button.

arriaza70

Sep 2, 2011, 3:11:07 AM via Website

just press the power button and hit the home icon (hit home while pressing the power button). peace!

Don Lorusso

Simon Berntsson

Oct 6, 2011, 8:48:24 PM via Website

Hi, hold the power button är then press the home button :)

Don Lorusso

TEXASMADE1978

Nov 22, 2011, 4:16:23 AM via App

Simon Berntsson
Hi, hold the power button är then press the home button :)

Exactly, simple as posted

Johanna Nyman

Feb 25, 2012, 11:02:36 AM via Website

I dont understand how to do a screenshot on my HTC sensation? Can somebody help me? :)

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Feb 27, 2012, 10:27:28 AM via Website

What version of Android are you running? To take a screen shot on an HTC sensation you should just be able to either long-hold the power button to bring up a context menu where you can select screen shot, or you can press the power button and home button at the same time.

Hope that helps!

Johanna Nyman

Mar 3, 2012, 3:10:26 PM via Website

I dont know what kind of android version I have... And when I hold the powerbutton and then press the home button nothing is happens. Can somebody help me? :) :)

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 5, 2012, 10:51:51 AM via Website

To find out what version of Android you have, you just need to go to settings> about phone and the look at the bottom of the screen at the section labled Android version.

And have you tried long-holding the power button? That should bring up a menu where screen capture is the 4th option from the top.

lou

Apr 2, 2012, 5:24:33 PM via Website

All you have to do is press and hold power button, while still holding power button, tap the home button. You will here camera shot being taken. You don't have to dowload all these files etc. like others have said.

Cedric Sandars

Jan 28, 2013, 3:27:24 AM via App

Hold the power button & press the home button.

Ivy Roth

Jul 7, 2014, 8:48:08 AM via Website

You don’t have to hook your phone up to a computer. Regularly, to take a screenshot on an Android phone, you can press the power key and the volume down key together. If this doesn’t work, you can make use of some third-party tools to realize your need.