Samsung Galaxy S2 — Battery Temperature Problem!

• Replies:7
Jean M.
  • Forum posts: 38

Aug 15, 2011, 10:52:31 AM via Website

So I just got a SG2 a couple of months ago and I love the phone except for one weird problem:

yesterday I noticed that the battery signal is flashing like crazy. a weird battery screen appears with some white dots at the bottom and then goes away on its own after a while and then i can see the battery signal with a thermometer next to it. i guess the phone is trying to tell me that the battery is overheating, but neither the phone nor the battery appear physically hot or warm. and it keeps on doing it from time to time making my phone unusable.

should i get a new battery or is this a serious problem?

Zhu Lee
  • Forum posts: 28

Aug 15, 2011, 10:53:29 AM via Website

I would try getting a new battery before I do anything else.

Aaron Android
  • Forum posts: 36

Aug 15, 2011, 10:54:03 AM via Website

Go back to the store and return it!

Arthur Cushman
  • Forum posts: 22

Aug 15, 2011, 11:02:33 AM via Website

I have exactly the same problem, actually, and the worst part is that i can't even charge the phone when that screen is flashing. I am soooo pissed offf right now!

Jenny Preston
  • Forum posts: 47

Aug 15, 2011, 11:03:16 AM via Website

Changing the battery should really do the trick!!

Alex Jagolny
  • Forum posts: 32

Aug 15, 2011, 11:06:31 AM via Website

SAME HERE!!!!! finally, i found someone that has the same problem! i just ordered a new battery from ebay and then popped it into my SG2 and it still has the same issue! arrrrggh! HEEEEELP!!!!

Calvin Lewis
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 22, 2011, 1:34:20 AM via Website

Im having the same problem, i bought a new battery yesterday and nothing has changed, im going to have to take it back and try and get it replaced even though i do not have insurance.

Dave Devery
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 10:04:03 PM via Website

Hi there.

This is a common enough problem.

I experienced the same issues and this is how I fixed the issue.

Take the battery out.
Get something thin like a pin or tooth pick and clean the inside of the charging port. Ideally you would have some sort of proper electronic board cleaner like isopropyl. - make sure not to do so too forcefully.

Did the job for me.