What are the stereotypes about Android users and are they true? Discuss here!

• Replies:3
Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Aug 17, 2011, 10:54:41 AM via Website

This is the place to discuss and share your thoughts about the stereotypes surrounding the lifestyles of Android users. As a recent study shows, Android users have been categorized as predominantly poor, conservative, overweight, male geeks with no little education.

Now we know that these stereotypes aren't true because we love our AndroidPIT community and know that it is very diverse. Show your diversity and please share stories about your lifestyle so that we can dispel these faulty rumors. Looking forward to your responses!

— modified on Aug 17, 2011, 10:58:42 AM

Lemar Williams
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 17, 2011, 11:34:36 AM via Website

I ain't any of the things you mentioned and i love android! so there you have it!

Frankie Fresh
  • Forum posts: 7

Aug 17, 2011, 11:38:57 AM via Website

checked out the article and must say that i just don't fit the bill of a typical Android user. i gotta a college degree, i live in a fairly large city, and i go to the gym almost every day.

ok, so i might not be earning more than 100k, but i don't know a lot of college grads that earning so much dough anyhow.

Foo S.
  • Forum posts: 25

Aug 17, 2011, 11:41:21 AM via Website

the only thing i agree with is that fact that android users are generally more tech savvy and they know the ins and outs of having a smartphone much better than an iphone user. an iphone user doesn't care about the technology, they just want to show off their phone and use it as a status symbol. also, they do mostly really basic things on it like using google maps, email, camera etc.