Battery Life BLOWS

• Replies:5
Tristan Wright
  • Forum posts: 14

Sep 14, 2011, 3:59:02 PM via Website

I HAVE HAD TO CHARGE THIS PHONE 4-5 TIMES PER DAY!!! WTF?

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 15, 2011, 4:59:54 PM via Website

Really? This is interesting... what type of apps are you runing on what network... Mind telling us a bit more? I havent used one yet myself but Id like to know how they hold up in the wild.

Andrea Smith
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 19, 2011, 10:54:49 PM via Website

I have the Motorola Bionic and I might charge mines twice a day if i talk a lot but I i do my usual texting which is a lot(Extremely) Web surfing Twutter twitter and facebook, my battery will last til the evening hours 7-8 pm I have an extended battery but dont use it because the case doesnt fit but I find I dont need it. Don't know if something is wrong with yours. What are you running in background.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 20, 2011, 5:04:29 PM via Website

Okay, you normally do have to charge smartphones everyday that's normal. But 4-5 is way too much. I'd download task killer app and juice defender Try to keep apps from running in the background that you don't need as that will decrease battery life. It's also a good idea to let the battery run completly down before charging and also not over charging your batter as that supposedly helps your batter self-calibrate. Hope that helps!

P.S. Check your stettings and try to reduce how often your apps auto-update if you have alot of web-based apps.

jakson Robert
  • Forum posts: 64

Feb 24, 2012, 4:14:29 PM via Website

Don't use advanced task killer.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 27, 2012, 1:57:29 PM via Website

Keep your screens brightness at mid level, make sure nothing in syncing every hour, dont use live wallpapers, and turn off 3g when its not needed. That could help a bit.