Will there ever be an iTunes for Android?

• Replies:6
Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

May 25, 2012, 4:51:26 PM via Website

Google music isn't bad, amazon mp3 isn't bad, Samsung's service isn't bad, but why are they still SOOOOOOO far behind iTunes in terms of people using the services? Do you think if Google Music was able to be used internationally that it could be a strong iTunes competitor?

Samantha wecker
  • Forum posts: 3

May 26, 2012, 7:22:27 AM via App

probably not

DaBartonator
  • Forum posts: 21

May 26, 2012, 7:21:32 PM via App

If itunes comes yo android im moving to a different universe.

Stefano Benamati
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 24, 2012, 11:26:13 PM via Website

I hope it will never happen...

Dvoraak
  • Forum posts: 86

Oct 25, 2012, 12:18:56 AM via Website

I hope it happens eventually. I'm heavily invested in iTunes and it's really a great service. Is drag and drop really so much easier than clicking "SYNC"? Now that they've eased up on DRM there really are no drawbacks to using iTunes aside from the usual "I hate Apple and don't want my money going there". Besides.... you can get The Beatles on iTunes but not Google :)

Dvoraak
  • Forum posts: 86

Nov 4, 2012, 3:01:04 PM via Website

After spending some quality time with my Samsung GN 10.1 I have to say iTunes is sorely missed. There really is no good way to manage music on this device. Drag and drop works fine from my PC but it's not very efficient as music is added. Google Play is a horrible solution since it's cloud based and won't let me determine where tracks are downloaded to. Tracks automatically go into the device's internal storage even though all my music is on the sdcard. That leaves me purchasing tracks from Google Play, downloading them to my PC and then using the drag and drop method to get them on my sdcard. Is that really better than being able to press "Sync"? The "Doubletwist" app takes a step or two out of the process.... it should.... it's an iTunes clone.

Андрей
  • Forum posts: 28

Dec 30, 2012, 8:07:56 PM via Website

Hate iTunes -_-