Best Language learning app

• Replies:24
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Nov 11, 2013, 5:21:50 PM via Website

We just did another app wars about which is the better language learning app, either Babbel or Busuu...

Have you ever used a language learning app and if so, which one? Did you like it?

LPlayer

Kolton Johnson
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 11, 2013, 7:48:42 PM via Website

1- Memrise
2- Duolingo
These are good Language learning app.

Picment
  • Forum posts: 11

Nov 11, 2013, 9:40:22 PM via Website

Memrise is not bad. First they started with Chinese. Now they have added several other languages.

pekspro
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 12, 2013, 3:56:32 PM via Website

May I suggest Vokabel? This is an application I have developed :-). It’s free (and no ads) with different type of quizzes.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 14, 2013, 12:32:13 PM via Website

Right now I've got Biscuit (flashcards), AnkiDroid, Duolingo, PowerVocab and Google Translate on my phone. Surprisingly enough Google Translate is probably the one that gets the most usage and actually helps me learn vocabulary the best!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Marc Bolh
  • Forum posts: 14

Dec 7, 2013, 12:03:20 AM via Website

Hi Loie,

Thanks for bringing attention to the many apps available for learning languages on Android!

Babel and Busuu publish great apps to learn a variety of languages. I'm the founder of VidaLingua which publishes multilingual dictionaries that users may find complimentary to these apps. I posted an announcement for our Portuguese English Dictionary in the Let me show you my app section. We also publish English > Spanish, French, Italian & German dictionaries.

Best,
Marc Bolh
CEO VidaLingua

— modified on Dec 7, 2013, 12:05:43 AM

AppZone

Dec 13, 2013, 1:50:08 PM via Website

Hi Loie,

I suggest you to try Hello-Hello's language learning apps. They use innovative teaching methodologies like comics scripts, animated videos, notes, reminders, which make the courses both engaging and easy to learn a foreign language.

App Name: Spanish - Learn Spanish (Hello-Hello)

Thanks

AZ

Nexoworks
  • Forum posts: 4

Feb 24, 2014, 11:01:59 PM via Website

Hi all,
I just developed an app to improve vocabulary. It started from a need since me myself learning a foreign language and couldn’t find in the google play what I needed. I developed it for myself and used it for a while and it help me a lot. Than I thought why not to put it on google play so everyone can get the best out of it :)

It is designed to improve vocabulary. Its core features are:
  • the home screen widget... Whenever you turn your screen on the widget is there asking you a word. Imagine how many times actually you are checking your phone through the day? Answering each time one question makes a lot of difference on your knowledge!
  • Translate function: it uses google translator to translate what you need in both directions. You heard a word doesn’t know the meaning? It translates it to your native language. You want to learn a word? It translates it to the foreign language you are learning
  • It has pre-prepared word packages for different languages ready to be installed

It also keeps tracks of your progress and ask you the words which you don’t fully learned yet.
Its free, no ads...

And i would love to get some feedback and ideas. Actually some of the ideas in this version of the app came from users and i am working on something which is requested from some other users. I am greatfull that people are actually using the feedback feature and send me nice suggestions.

MyWords-MyDictionary

— modified on Feb 24, 2014, 11:15:44 PM

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 25, 2014, 10:27:45 AM via Website

I don't know about other user's have tried this or not but i have tried learning french using the Android app named Dulingo which is again available for free in the store. I found it quite interesting learning language using the application is just fun like it will pronounce as well as a real image of the thing is given. And its been more than a month i haven't used it but still remember some of the basics like La Pomme, la fille, la roughe....... etc... I will suggest you try using it as for me that application will be the best. After looking at this thread i remember about my language learning days Dulingo has really helped me in learning out. I don't know much about the language but i'll say it has helped me in at least in passing out my french paper.

androiduser
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 19, 2014, 10:58:38 AM via Website

You could also try Colango. It's a social language learning app where you can practice and learn sentences from native speakers and get corrections on your writings. Search for Colango in Play store.

Lovely Candy
  • Forum posts: 30

Aug 29, 2014, 5:27:52 PM via Website

Memrise is good. i'm using it to learn chinese. it's really helpful.easy to learn and i like it so much.

Vitors
  • Forum posts: 33

Oct 20, 2014, 3:27:10 AM via Website

Duolingo and LinguaLeo are very good in my opinion.

Steve
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 18, 2015, 12:56:26 AM via Website

​There is a really great new app called glossong..  Its helping to learn languages with my favorite music.. It is available for android.  Totally recommended!

Amer Zaveri
  • Forum posts: 10

Apr 6, 2015, 7:56:49 AM via Website

Duolingo is a great app.

Steve

Apr 13, 2015, 7:29:47 PM via Website

You should check this one...
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glossong.android

To learn languages with music! Helps you improve pronounciation and increase vocabuary.

Whatspp Numbers
  • Forum posts: 11

Apr 22, 2015, 1:12:04 PM via Website

Thanks

Ankit
  • Forum posts: 17

Apr 22, 2015, 1:17:03 PM via Website

Memrise is good learning app

LPlayer

Jun 16, 2018, 10:10:03 PM via Website

LPlayer (Watch n' Learn) play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.helge.lplayer

LPlayer is a video player that plays most video files and helps you get the meaning of words from subtitles (words of foreign languages or the meaning of complex/unknown words for you in your native language), move (seek) between subtitles or repeat current subtitle

image image

If you are studying a foreign language and your knowledge of that language is intermediate or upper intermediate level then you are possibly trying to watch movies in their original language
This app will help you get the translation/meaning of words which you don't know opening them from subtitles in a dictionary app while you're watching movies with subtitles in a foreign language

When you play a video with subtitles you can:
- select the words in the subtitles to open them in a dictionary app (see the list of available dictionary apps below)
- move (seek) between subtitles, repeat current subtitle with buttons

If you don't have subtitles for some videos on your device you can try to find and download them using this app ("Menu/Subtitles/Search Subtitles")

LPlayer can open selected words (from subtitles) in the next Dictionary/Translator Apps:
- ColorDict Dictionary
- GoldenDict
- Google Translate
- ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries
- Offline dictionaries
- Fora Dictionary
- English Dictionary - Offline
- Dictionary.com
- Wiktionary
- TheFreeDictionary.com
- Korean Dictionary & Translate
- Wikipedia
- Dictan
- HedgeDict
- Aard 2

jonsmith
  • Forum posts: 81

Jul 2, 2018, 11:58:36 AM via Website

Right.

john6655
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 2, 2018, 6:47:41 PM via Website

memrise is a good learning app.

pedro371

May 22, 2020, 2:32:14 PM via Website

Learning a language in this era is more simple than old days. If anyone wants to learn any new language (just like spanish or other languages) and he/she don't find any source in their area for learning, then no problem at all.

We just have open our computer or smartphone to learn any language and search for websites which is give us service of learning (some are free some are paid).

You can use your smartphone also to download some language apps which will track your learning and give you time to time reminder. I have my personal list of best apps(tech21.org/language-learning-apps/) which help you to learn any language and this apps compatible with any devices.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 10

Oct 24, 2020, 10:25:10 AM via Website

I often use Duolingo to learn languages

BethfowlerDeactivated AccountDeactivated Account

Callandha Studio
  • Forum posts: 16

Mar 3, 2021, 1:30:36 PM via Website

It's not a learning up, but I use Linguee quite a lot for looking up words and phrases, pretty good and recommendable

CooperNguyen
  • Forum posts: 19

Mar 26, 2021, 8:33:00 PM via Website

;) :) thx