How often to you charge the battery of your Android device?

• Replies:31
sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Mar 31, 2014, 7:04:32 PM via Website

It depends, mines can last all day if I charge overnight, but mostly I have it connected to either the pc or mains charger even if it doesn't need it. Overnight it loses less than 1% per hour.

Sinkster

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 1, 2014, 10:30:32 AM via Website

@Mary well, I would mostly charge my device once and it has the power to keep me on till the end of the day ! I would suggest you to use some apps as Dubattery Saver and 360 antivirus, they are enabled with the auto app cleanup feature ! The main problem with Android is the application keeps on running in the background until its closed, which results in draining most of the battery juice. In fact I have written an article about it why it's being... I want to share it with you but at the same time I know that promotional links is not allowed. :( Well, I can PM you if you want to have a look at it. But what I can tell you is most of the battery is drained by the background running apps. :rolleyes:

James G.
  • Forum posts: 8

Apr 3, 2014, 1:34:41 PM via Website

My battery whether I charge it on AC or USB via computer will get to 100% but still shows as charging, in other words I don't receive the battery full unplug charger message right away, it seems to show as charging while showing 100% for a good 5 mins then eventually I get the unplug charger message, wonder if anyone else has this issue?

Another annoying thing about JellyBean is that they took away the alert message for the full battery status notification alert, I need to keep on checking to see how far it's got to.

To answer your question though my battery if I go out with it full usually lasts a whole day and or slightly longer.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Apr 4, 2014, 5:39:52 PM via Website

After all the exploding batteries a while back I'm kinda uncomfortable having my phone charging next to head and flammable bed linen all night long, so I tend to partially charge in the morning while I get ready for work.

I have a custom kernel that gives me a solid day of use anyway, so an afternoon charge isn't really necessary for me, but if I'm smashing my Nexus 5 all day I'll top up when I get home from work and then again the next morning.

But I also have an extended battery case now that I use a bit on the fly too.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Apri D. Smith
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 7, 2014, 6:55:43 AM via App

I have an S4 I charge my phone once a day

Babak Sanei
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 7, 2014, 8:46:58 AM via App

I have HTC One and recharge it over night, but usually it still have 20-30% worth of battery life availabe, and this is how usually I use my phone:
Spotify for 2 hours
1-2 hours of Web/FB/RSS/:) sure AndroidPIT
+2 hours worth of voice calling over Skype
50-100 messages over Viber and Whatsapp
and less that 30min normal voice call.
(*** I dont have even a single game on my phone)

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Apr 7, 2014, 10:42:17 AM via Website

I probably don't have the best charging habits, but I'm trying to improve. Usually my phone will be close to dying every day before I charge it. I plug it in everynight and then at work I'll plug it in again. My Galaxy S3 just seems to have a crappy battery.

Check out our 16 tips to improve battery life if you are in the same boat as me!

Tiff W
  • Forum posts: 9

Apr 29, 2014, 11:54:04 PM via Website

I do agree... it feels like the S3 have a crappy battery so my phone tend to lose charge so fast. so normally i carry an external portable charger with me! :) if you want to look for any, i got mine from boxwave because they have some from all sizes. but if you want better deals i'd rather get them on amazon.

Satheesh Kumar
  • Forum posts: 20

May 2, 2014, 4:29:31 PM via Website

My HTC one always connected to my laptop.
Because i use internet on my laptop using usb tethering.

Lalit
  • Admin

May 12, 2014, 11:55:33 AM via Website

Well, @kris I have been reading your guide to the better charging habits but what I am confused is about the charging cycle, what does that mean I mean the graph you have given ........ are you referring to the complete charging and discharging or ??? I didn't get the numbers you have put on the graph i.e. 279, 159,222 does that means our device battery worn out when we charge it for 279 times or .... Why I am asking this is because on an average I charge my device battery more than 250 times. It's almost or i can say it is always plugged to the charging and the great thing with my my device is when I switch my network to UMTS mode I drains the battery out in just 8hrs when not plugged with the wall. Does that signals I need to change my device ..... ??? or Can I do anything different ???

david harris
  • Forum posts: 4

May 13, 2014, 12:55:36 AM via App

for some reason my battery on my lg g2 does not last me long at all why is that

Roy Weinberg
  • Forum posts: 12

Jun 8, 2014, 12:56:50 PM via Website

I had a Samsung S2 with a faulty battery - it would drain while charging!!!

Check out your battery, and try to charge it only at night and when the phone is closed. This will make sure you can use your battery longer.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 9, 2014, 4:08:27 AM via Website

I am using 4 phones, but the worst thing is the battery life.
my note 1 only live for 3-5 hours. changed the battery 3 times :what:.

we really need a phone which stays for 2-3 days, but i can't go back to old phones. :'(

Ready To Help You.

Lalit
  • Admin

Jun 9, 2014, 7:12:27 AM via Website

mobile crackers

I am using 4 phones, but the worst thing is the battery life.
my note 1 only live for 3-5 hours. changed the battery 3 times :what:.

we really need a phone which stays for 2-3 days, but i can't go back to old phones. :'(

Well @mobile crackers I don't think that there is a smartphone that can give you 2-3days of battery life, I don't know you know about this phone or not but the Lenovo has launched a smartphone just I guess two month back i.e P780 I guess It will keep you on over the 3G network, normal gaming, music etc.... for almost a day and a half. I would say you should give it a try !

Deactivated Account

Jun 9, 2014, 1:14:46 PM via Website

i stopped buying new phone.
a new phones with new features are releasing each month. so i decide to buy phone at the end of each year if necessary.. .
Samsung released s3 to s5 in less than a year .. so if we wait 1 year there will be s9.. ;)

Ready To Help You.

Brian Lester
  • Forum posts: 18

Jun 9, 2014, 3:33:37 PM via Website

I usually charge my phone overnight and it lasts for about a day

Deactivated Account

Jun 10, 2014, 7:58:18 AM via Website

John Farrell

@crackers Well, then I would say happy waiting for the S9, ;) and yes let me know when S9 gets released. :P

if Samsung continuous to build new phone every months , without any new features we will get s9 in 2015. if they decide to build it :D

Ready To Help You.

paulc
  • Forum posts: 8

Jun 10, 2014, 10:49:02 AM via Website

Good articles @kris on saving batteries and understanding what phone features use up energy. I'm kinda surprised to see a lot of people still wearing their batteries down completely when there are heaps of articles explaining that today's lithium batteries need charging a little and often, but I guess that's because owners have no choice where so many of today's phones have such poor battery life.

With an app like MyPhoneExplorer (https://www.nextpit.com/search?st=myphoneexplorer&t=a), it's easy to be syncing the phone's contacts/calendar/photos to a computer, and that forces you to charge it periodically on USB without making a special effort :*, rather than wait until the battery's almost dead.:'(

This Moto G tends to last 1.5 to 2 days, according to the monthly rolling average measured by an app called Battery Drain Analyzer (https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.msd.battery.indicator/Battery-drain-analyzer-monitor), which feels about right for actual usage. The only features/apps which bring it below a day are ones like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS all on together, and 3D games, but even then it will last a full day. It seems like manufacturers are getting back to balancing uptime with performance - hurray! because that's what customers are crying out for (https://www.nextpit.com/survey-reveals-that-longer-battery-life-important), so hopefully we'll return to the 1-2 week lifetimes that used to exist with feature phones. :)

Haeydr
  • Forum posts: 11

Jun 19, 2014, 11:37:34 AM via Website

once every night. All phones now have terrible battery life lol.

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 19, 2014, 6:27:36 PM via Website

Twice a day since I'm still running 4.1.2 :'(

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Aug 12, 2014, 8:51:30 AM via Website

I generally charged my S5 at night but in evening battery becomes low so i generally carry my power bank, but if i forgot it i have to suffer with low battery problem.

Kimmy David

Jul 12, 2017, 7:59:44 AM via Website

Before buying iPhone 6, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Usually I need to charge it once a day. Since I need to use it for several hours every day. Sometimes I will charge it in car with 400w power inverter. Because I need to check email in car with this device. I like this is common to every android device users.

John Furystrom
  • Forum posts: 47

Jul 14, 2017, 10:20:05 AM via Website

Every single day, Shoutout to Xiaomi!

Mark Gonzales
  • Forum posts: 22

Jun 13, 2018, 11:28:44 AM via Website

Keep your data/wifi off when not needed, you can save your battery and it's health. My OnePlus One drains completely in 2 days with maximum usage.

Susan Micheal

Jul 2, 2018, 7:57:41 PM via Website

Well, I always try to charge it twice a day.

RachelCooper
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 24, 2019, 10:30:13 AM via Website

Mine is Redmi 6 and I charge it everyday. Maybe twice per day, 'cause I use it to listen to music so often.

patelriya
  • Forum posts: 6

Dec 24, 2019, 10:51:21 AM via Website

I am using one plus 7 so, I charge my phone one time a day.
Its battery performance is awesome.

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Dec 24, 2019, 12:26:30 PM via Website

I have a redmi 8 with a 5000 mAh battery. I could go 3 days without charging and still have some left.

Verus
  • Forum posts: 63

Dec 26, 2019, 5:34:07 AM via Website

I'm currently using Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime and I tend to charge the battery once a day. But I realize that as time goes by, the battery is getting drained. Maybe because I've charged my phone overnight :(