does anyone else have this problem? (about charging your smartphone)

• Replies:14
AJ STA ANA
  • Forum posts: 54

Apr 10, 2014, 4:29:06 PM via Website

If i use my phone to play graphic intense games or even use some apps such as chrome while charging it, it wont charge (the percentage would drop down),does anyone have this problem?

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Apr 10, 2014, 6:13:32 PM via Website

Yeah it can happen that the battery demands on your device are actually heavier than the rate at which your charger can charge. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen. If the battery drain is that bad whilst charging though i imagine it's pretty crazy when you're not plugged in though.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

AJ STA ANA

Apr 11, 2014, 2:38:25 AM via Website

is it because of the k3v2 processor?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 11, 2014, 7:22:48 AM via Website

I remember the same issue with the Frontline Commando application, when I plug the charger and play frontline commando my battery doesn't charge in fact the charge seems to be decreasing. And once i figure it out I have deleted the application and now the problem sorted out so, this means there is problem with the application not my device.

John Martin
  • Forum posts: 20

Apr 11, 2014, 5:10:36 PM via Website

Just a thought Matey...
I have a cradle & charger in my car, and it took me a while to realise the 12Vdc to USB converter was only rated at 0.5Amp!!!
I changed it for a 2Amp converter and now my Note 2 charges well between locations.
This also applies for cheap 240Vac mains chargers too - make sure that can deliver a descent charge current.
As I said - just a thought
YIC - John.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Apr 11, 2014, 5:57:43 PM via Website

@John makes a good point. Not every socket or USB adapter is perfect. Are you getting the same issue at various outlets and with different cables? Plus, USB charging from your PC is pretty awful.

And as the other @John mentioned, some apps are just really power hungry. There's lots of stuff (over my head) that goes into the processor demands in an app and some devs take the easy way (or the way that works with the most versions of Android) and not with the streamlined, efficient code. But games with that level of graphics are always gonna chew battery life.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

My1
  • Forum posts: 673

Apr 13, 2014, 10:16:34 AM via App

Well a 2a charger solved everything yet. And even if not, I always have a spare battery ready (#SamsungNote4ever)

MFG/Regards My1

Lalit
  • Admin

Apr 14, 2014, 8:06:47 AM via Website

Kris Carlon
@John makes a good point. Not every socket or USB adapter is perfect. Are you getting the same issue at various outlets and with different cables? Plus, USB charging from your PC is pretty awful.

And as the other @John mentioned, some apps are just really power hungry. There's lots of stuff (over my head) that goes into the processor demands in an app and some devs take the easy way (or the way that works with the most versions of Android) and not with the streamlined, efficient code. But games with that level of graphics are always gonna chew battery life.

@Kris now that's a funny way to answer two John in the forum :lol::lol::lol::lol: My name is just very much common :D

John Martin

Apr 15, 2014, 7:17:05 AM via Website

My name is POPULAR not Common :-o

izmo yaso
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 16, 2014, 10:05:42 AM via App

I think this is normal becsuse the game is consuming more charge from charger

Lalit
  • Admin

Apr 16, 2014, 11:41:51 AM via Website

@izmo but this happens with some of the gaming application only ! I think those gaming apps may be require much more intense graphics use which results in consuming enormous power. :what:

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 39

Apr 18, 2014, 9:20:50 AM via Website

My name is just very much common :D

I don't know but in most of the games , my name was "John" and my lady colleague was "Anna"

AJ STA ANA

Apr 18, 2014, 4:39:15 PM via Website

For me it even happens when browsing...so what i do is i put my phone on powersaving mode it kinda helps if i want to use it while charging.

PamelaMichel

May 1, 2014, 6:31:58 PM via Website

The battery calibration app that Android Pit says to install, is not applicable for my Galaxy S3. :(

I have "Battery Doctor" just now installed on my phone, but due to my location and T-Mobile's horrible service out here, I must use WiFi at all times. Unless I go into town, then I get awesome 4G and no need for WiFi.
Don't understand why the mobile companies do not cater to those of us living in, actually, not so rural areas :? "Town" for me is just up the road about 3 miles. I do not play games nor do I have any installed, but I do use my phone like it's my laptop....
Anyone know a battery calibration app for my phone?
It is the Galaxy S3 T-Mobile SGH-999
Running Jellybean 4.3

Thanks all!
Pam (*)

— modified on May 1, 2014, 6:34:07 PM