Authored by:

Fail: Galaxy S3 Did Not Explode On Its Own, Was Probably Microwaved

Authored by: Steven Blum — Jul 9, 2012

An eensy bit ago we brought you a story about a Galaxy S3 that had 'sploded all over someone's car. The S3 in question was said to have caught fire before emitting a banging noise and exploding in a burst of white flames. We had speculated about a manufacturer defect but no: there is actually no reason to worry at all.

According to Fire Investigations UK, who Samsung had contracted to look into the situation, the heat build-up had been generated due to an external source. Turns out, the Galaxy S3 in question had actually been – *facepalm* – placed in a microwave. It exploded because that's what electronics do when you treat them like a Lean Cuisine TV Dinner. 

Now why would anyone EVER put a PHONE in a MICROWAVE? According to the complaining owner dillo2k10, "another person" had been trying to dry the phone after it had been exposed to water. 

The Internet's reaction, predictably, has been this:

On a positive note, at least none of us need to worry about this ever happening to us. 

Source: The Verge

Steven Blum has written more than 2,000 blog posts as a founding member of AndroidPIT's English editorial team. A graduate of the University of Washington, Steven Blum also studied Journalism at George Washington University in Washington D.C. for two years. Since then, his writing has appeared in The Stranger, The Seattle P-I, Blackbook Magazine and Venture Villlage. He loves the HTC One and hopes the company behind it still exists in a few years.

No comments

Write new comment:

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info

Got it!