Regular Back and System Re Set up .....

• Replies:4
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 397

Feb 27, 2010, 4:14:08 PM via Website

Today i had the nice experience that my Magic suddenly stopped to work and i was not able to reboot the sytem on the normal Ways.
After several Minutes trying and hoping, without any positive Progress i realiyed that is is time for a wipe.
The Wipe was done quickly and my Magic became a Virgin again.Everything was gone and needed to be re set up.
Lucky did i use a App Manager and Backed up all my Apps and the SD Card following a regular Circle.
So the re set up was quick and easy done within less than one Hour.
Keeping some Apps out and organising everything well i know have a much quicker and more energy saving System running.

With Android and some Tools like the mentioned App Manager this Procedure is not very challenging

Why do i tell you all this ?
Because i want to remind you all to do regular Back Ups of your System as well as considering regular wipes and new Set ups as this seems to have a verz positive impact on the System and the Energy Consumption.

Best regards
Michael

HTC Magic , Nexus 1, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, S3,Note 2, S4

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Feb 28, 2010, 9:13:19 AM via Website

Nevertheless, I would really appreciate that Android gets some software like iTunes to do backups. I think this is really missing.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 397

Feb 28, 2010, 9:53:48 AM via Website

totally agree with this.
a centralized back up positibilty would make it more convenient to keep the system in line even there will be a new set up necessary

HTC Magic , Nexus 1, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, S3,Note 2, S4

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Feb 28, 2010, 3:46:33 PM via Website

I don't see Google filling this gap. I hope that we will see some cool programmers who are willing to publish such a software.

xaml
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 18, 2013, 5:47:25 AM via Website

Sorry to bring this up now but Michael, may I have an autograph?