Turning off 3G/2G on my G1 Phone

• Replies:7
Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Mar 2, 2010, 1:17:25 PM via Website

So I just started using the G1 phone and I was wondering how to turn off mobile internet on the phone. I have a prepaid German SIM card and I would only like to use my phone with WLAN. I tried finding some apps or widgets for it - but didn't get any good results. Don't want to lose all of my phone credit by unknowingly using up data.

Thanks for the help!

Jack-In-Da-Box
  • Forum posts: 1,569

Mar 2, 2010, 1:38:58 PM via Website

hello yan,

try using APNdroid... this app prevents 3G/EDGE/GPRS connections.

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Mar 2, 2010, 2:45:42 PM via Website

I just download APNdroid and I can't seem to get it to work. On the main menu there's a button displaying 3G/EDGE/GPRS as ON.

I tried pressing on it to switch it off, but it's still green and on. how do i turn it off??

Yan

— modified on Sep 19, 2011, 2:27:02 PM by moderator

Marius O.
  • Forum posts: 1,588

Mar 2, 2010, 2:58:04 PM via Website

this takes a little time... but it works

you have also a widget... with this widget it's easier to toggle

Kay R.
  • Forum posts: 2,171

Mar 2, 2010, 4:52:56 PM via Website

I can only talk for the tattoo ...

On the tattoo you get some option if you press the power button a while. There I can turn mobile connection off.

Also, I'm having a widget directly from htc to activate and deactive my connection.

If you click add -> android-widget you might have something like "energycontrol" as a widget. This is for WiFi and mobile connection.

Best regards,
Kay

Jack-In-Da-Box
  • Forum posts: 1,569

Mar 2, 2010, 7:39:06 PM via Website

Kay R
I can only talk for the tattoo ...

On the tattoo you get some option if you press the power button a while. There I can turn mobile connection off.

Also, I'm having a widget directly from htc to activate and deactive my connection.

If you click add -> android-widget you might have something like "energycontrol" as a widget. This is for WiFi and mobile connection.

Best regards,
Kay

well, this solution works ONLY for the tattoo