Verizon Droid Eris Update?

• Replies:6
David Bingenheimer
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 12, 2010, 4:12:50 PM via App

so I've been seeing all this news for the past month that the 2.1 update is ready, and its up to Verizon to ship it out to the phones now, but does anyone know when this is going to happen? I'd really like to have Google Navigation before I go on my road trip next week. :b

Bill loney
  • Forum posts: 7

Apr 24, 2010, 10:45:24 PM via App

I don't believe Verizon is the only one to blame. The update has been held up on the HTC hero from sprint so I'd say HTC is at least partly to blame. As for a date for an update: I'll believe it if & when I get the OTA alert.

— modified on Apr 24, 2010, 10:59:40 PM

Bill loney
  • Forum posts: 7

Apr 24, 2010, 10:55:35 PM via App

David Bingenheimer
so I've been seeing all this news for the past month that the 2.1 update is ready, and its up to Verizon to ship it out to the phones now, but does anyone know when this is going to happen? I'd really like to have Google Navigation before I go on my road trip next week. :b
According to this site all US phones are getting Eclair- http://androidandme.com/2010/02/news/all-u-s-android-phones-to-receive-android-2-1-but-some-will-require-a-wipe/

— modified on Apr 24, 2010, 10:57:40 PM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Apr 27, 2010, 3:59:24 PM via Website

I really wouldn't hold your breath for it at this point. From what I have seen so far, the 2.1 update to devices is taking really long. As far as I know, the DROID is the only phone so far to be updated to 2.1, and that hasn't even made it's way to the whole of Europe yet. HTC and Motorola are working on it, but it will probably take a while. It seems like it constantly gets pushed back because of new problems. Google should step in with a solution for this, but I may just be day-dreaming here.

— modified on Apr 27, 2010, 4:00:14 PM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

May 12, 2010, 5:17:28 PM via Website

I have to put my foot in my mouth, because you might be getting an update to Android 2.1 today, but more than likely, sometime within the next 2 weeks. You can head over to Androinica for a sum-up of what to expect. Check on it and let us know when it gets to you =)

David Bingenheimer
  • Forum posts: 2

May 16, 2010, 8:40:08 AM via App

Yay, got the update!