Google search comes to Dish Network

• Replies:4
Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 15, 2010, 12:44:57 PM via Website

How does Google continue to expand its reach in the telecommunications area? Well, having the ability to perform a Google search while on your television is the next step for Google.

According to the Wall Street Journal the service being tested by Dish Network will allow people to search their listings for shows on their television as well as for content on Google-owned Youtube.

The service runs from inside the satellite boxes and runs “using elements of Google's Android operating system.” According to the article from the Wall Street Journal, the testers are Google employees and their families.

The prospect of increased ad revenue of consumers using Google to search for programming and other content on-line is great. Where does this go from here? You tell me, but I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of this.

Sources: online.wsj.com, businessinsider.com , phandroid.com, androidandme.com

Ashiqur rahmna
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 10:26:41 AM via Website

In order for you to connect your PC to your PS3 you need to connect using a crossover cable. a cross over cable is a cat5 or cat5e ethernet cable that has some pins switched so you can communicate from host to host in a adhoc network. Some computers and NIC have autonegotiation of crossover and straight-through cable, meaning that the cable doesn't matter. but I am not sure if your NIC or the PS3 support this or not. Straight-through is the normal type of cable. but to be safe use a cross over cable in these situations

Virginia Lee
  • Forum posts: 6

Jun 10, 2011, 3:04:37 AM via Website

is it true? will it expand to ordinary family?