Getting started with my first smartphone

• Replies:2
Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 17, 2010, 1:13:32 PM via Website

Greetings All,

So today I received my first smartphone. Wow, what a treat. There's a lot that these things can do. I'm surprised to say the least. However, I do have some questions that I hope can be answered.

Q: What would you recommend as some good free apps (besides Android Pit and APNdroid).

Q: Are there any "Need to Know" stuff that I should read to become more familiarized with Android?

Q: How do I download stuff on my phone and set wallpapers?

Also, for any of you that had a G1/Dream, I could use some feedback on how and why you liked it.

Thanks!

Dennis S.
  • Forum posts: 699

Mar 17, 2010, 1:34:32 PM via Website

1: well that depends... ;) maybe you would like to use some social network app like Facebook, twitroid (twitter)...or you want to use skype and other IMs ([app]Nimbuzz[/app]), i would also recommend [app]Barcode Scanner[/app], [app]Hoccer[/app] (Filesharing), Robo Defense (and some other Games), [app]Shazam[/app] to recognize music....well yeah, maybe just have a look at the market ;)

2: no idea, i think it is best to just play a bit with the phone and try out everything

3: download via browser, set background by long klicking the background and choose background/wallpaper ;)

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1,145

Mar 17, 2010, 1:40:32 PM via Website

There is a great App called ZEDGE™ Ringtones & Wallpapers. You can browse, download an set wallpapers an ringtones.

— modified on Mar 17, 2010, 1:41:29 PM

Spielregeln --> hier <-- | --> hier <-- Häufige Fragen