New Verizon Wireless Phones on the way!

• Replies:3
Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Apr 9, 2010, 9:23:26 PM via Website

Lots of news about upcoming phone releases by Verizon has appeared. It seems that the HTC Incredible's User's Guide has been released, an image from inside Verizon tells us to expect "New Devices Launching Really Soon!", a Best Buy internal document showing launch dates, Google's Nexus One in the CelleBrite system, and more.

The User Guide for the HTC Incredible has been leaked on Phandroid, and according to AndroidCentral, it looks similar to an HTC Desire, saying "The design has changed, slightly -- Verizon's known for going a bit more blocky than what HTC originally produces -- but otherwise you pretty much have the same phone." Here is a list of some specs from AndroidCentral:

Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon at 1 GHz.
Memory: 576MB RAM/512MB ROM
Screen: 3.7-inch AMOLED at 480x800.
Radios: 1xRTT, EVDO Rev. A.
Dimensions: 4.63x2.30x0.47 inches.
Weight: 4.6 ounces with battery.
Camera: 8MP with autofocus and flash.
Battery: 1300 mAh (talk time rated at 313 minutes, 146 hours' standby)
aGPS
Digital compass
Proximity Sensor
Light sensor
Bluetooth 2.1
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
3.5mm headphone jack

BoyGeniusReport and AndroidandMe both have sources pointing toward a release date on April 29th. What's more, a document from BestBuy shows a release date on the Incredible as the 29th of April as well.

AndroidCentral got an image of a CelleBrite from Verizon, so we know that it is finally in the system. Maybe that is the mysterious sixth phone to be released soon.

According to a source from BoyGeniusReport, we can at least expect "the HTC Incredible, LG VS750, Microsoft’s “Pure” and “Turtle” and the Samsung Reality."

Link to story: https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/blog/392032/Recent-Verizon-Phone-News-Wrap-Up

— modified on Apr 9, 2010, 9:24:02 PM

Parth Mehta
  • Forum posts: 6

Jan 28, 2011, 12:52:19 PM via Website

Soon Disney is also going to launch their first android mobile

Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Jan 28, 2011, 5:48:09 PM via Website

I'm guessing that like virtually all Verizon phones, this model isn't going to have a SIM card.

Given the fact that I travel quite frequently between the United States and Europe, Verizon isn't really an option for me. It's a shame because they tend to have the best deals on Androids. Oh well.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 28, 2011, 7:12:36 PM via Website

The article this post is about is VERY old.

I did see the news about a Disney Android phone. I'm wondering what that would imply, but we'll know soon enough.

Yan, Verizon has a phone called the Droid 2 Global that has support for Verizon's network, but also can work with a SIM card. If you want to stay with Verizon but still want to have the same phone work in Europe and elsewhere, that'd be your best choice right now.

— modified on Jan 28, 2011, 7:13:04 PM