Your Best App?

• Replies:447
  • StickiedAnswered
rizwan rizvi
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 8:12:38 PM via Website

Hi dear,

Can u please tell me any good player for AVI file......please if u know tell me.....i have gw 620 andriod phone.
Helpful?
Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 20, 2010, 11:25:33 AM via Website

aijin28
i checked out ringdroid..what it does was just edit mp3's..what i meant was something where i can create music from scratch like do twinkle twinkle little star note per note like the one from old nokia cellphone's composer. i hope you understand what i meant :D

btw ringdroid's cool too =p

That would probably be done better/faster on the PC, but if you really want to try on Android, maybe you should check out Uloops Music Composer.
Helpful?
Douglas Carter

Aug 20, 2010, 11:33:37 AM via Website

rizwan rizvi
Hi dear,

Can u please tell me any good player for AVI file......please if u know tell me.....i have gw 620 andriod phone.

Welcome to AndroidPIT Rizwan Rizvi! Please take a look at the links in my signature for useful information.

You don't speak English as your first language, do you? You shouldn't really call anyone here "dear", for future reference.

Unfortunately, your device likely runs Android 1.5, and because of that, it is hard for me to know if an app is available for your phone. My one suggestion would be to see if arcMedia is on the Android Market. If not, then I would suggest converting the AVI files to another format, and looking for another media player, as there are not many media players that work with AVI files.

— modified on Aug 20, 2010, 11:35:01 AM

Helpful?
greenergy lighting
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 23, 2010, 2:31:09 PM via Website

[content removed by moderator]

— modified on Aug 23, 2010, 2:51:07 PM by moderator

Helpful?
Margaret Hudson

Aug 24, 2010, 9:18:05 AM via Website

Friendplay Social Network

this app is kinda cool..found lotsa awesome vids and songs..
chats and IM are available.:#
Helpful?
Teqnick
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 24, 2010, 3:12:11 PM via App

rizwan rizvi
Hi dear,

hey there,

"rock player" plays avi files perfectly, not sure what the minimum os requirement is but jump on the market and give it a go.

EZ
Helpful?
Lynn Kowk
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 31, 2010, 10:28:20 AM via Website

Google Map:*)
Helpful?
Melissa B.

Sep 14, 2010, 4:41:02 PM via Website

My personal FAVES and MUST HAVE are:

1. EASYMONEY! This app is like the BEST FINANCE APP out there! I need it to keep track of where my $ is flowing to, make sure I do not burst my budget and prevents me from paying my credit card bills late. It also allows multiple accounts and gives really comprehensive reports (unlike many other financial tracking apps). Very useful. :grin:

2. Barcorde Scanner! Makes downloading apps SO EASY for me!

3. Sudoku! I know this is not really the hot fave game for many, but it sure helps my brain to exercise while I am travelling.
Helpful?
Remko Weingarten

Sep 15, 2010, 1:04:55 PM via Website

Remko's forum....just try it:-))
Helpful?
Jay Sean

Oct 2, 2010, 7:15:24 PM via Website

Melissa B.

1. EASYMONEY! This app is like the BEST FINANCE APP out there! I need it to keep track of where my $ is flowing to, make sure I do not burst my budget and prevents me from paying my credit card bills late. It also allows multiple accounts and gives really comprehensive reports (unlike many other financial tracking apps). Very useful. :grin:

3. Sudoku! I know this is not really the hot fave game for many, but it sure helps my brain to exercise while I am travelling.

Yes I agree. I am currently using Easy Money's 30 days trial version now and it's the best financial tracking I've used so far!
Helpful?
wilson

Oct 4, 2010, 4:59:04 AM via Website

Hi,
Recently, I find a fabulous Free Android Phone PC Sync Tool. This Android Manager Wi Fi can transfer your data between your Android Phone and PC.
By the way, it can manager your photos, video, music, contacts , message....... and so on.

You can try it and download from here:
http://global.mobileaction.com/product/product_AM.jsp
Helpful?
Waheedli
  • Forum posts: 9

Oct 15, 2010, 4:25:27 AM via Website

you must use Laputa, it is really a good app!
Love it!
Helpful?
Blue Millenium
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 17, 2010, 6:00:48 PM via Website

[content edited removed by moderator, do not advertised your paid app in the AndroidPIT forums]

— modified on Oct 18, 2010, 11:31:14 AM by moderator

Helpful?
Vince Tuggle

Oct 21, 2010, 12:25:35 AM via App

One of my fav task killers is task panel x a must have
Helpful?
john oliver

Oct 21, 2010, 12:41:41 AM via Website

my best 2 apps currently are

wordfeud and texas holdem great games and pass the time at work ;)
Helpful?
Melanie Doran
  • Forum posts: 12

Oct 22, 2010, 4:03:26 AM via App

I love schazaam! Finds the name, artist, album, whatever information out there from just a small sample of music "heard"by the phone...weather bug, android solitaire and android chess and ringlert for current music and classic music!
Helpful?
Douglas Carter

Oct 22, 2010, 4:31:37 PM via Website

How often does Shazamm work properly, and how well known/recent does the music have to be for it to be recognized?

— modified on Oct 22, 2010, 4:31:46 PM

Helpful?
Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Oct 23, 2010, 7:03:54 AM via Website

Douglas Carter
How often does Shazamm work properly, and how well known/recent does the music have to be for it to be recognized?

This test report by androidPit, https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/tests/test/391313/Shazam said that it identified 4 out of 10 tracks, with the newer songs being more easily identified. But this test report was a while ago, maybe its gotten better?
Helpful?
Brad Patterson
Douglas Carter

Oct 25, 2010, 4:59:38 PM via Website

Doesn't appear to be so, as many recent comments slam the app for only allowing 5 identifications per month now, or something like that.
Helpful?
gwendolyn campbell

Oct 26, 2010, 2:53:04 PM via App

wilson
Hi,
Recently, I find a fabulous Free Android Phone PC Sync Tool. This Android Manager Wi Fi can transfer your data between your Android Phone and PC.
By the way, it can manager your photos, video, music, contacts , message....... and so on.

You can try it and download from here:
http://global.mobileaction.com/product/product_AM.jsp
Helpful?
Jason

Oct 26, 2010, 6:25:31 PM via App

MindWallet Password Manager,
Shazaam.

— modified on Oct 26, 2010, 6:26:54 PM

Helpful?
John Cena
  • Forum posts: 8

Oct 30, 2010, 2:36:54 AM via Website

I've use mobile spy application. By this mobile spy application immediately all records all voice and the arguments of the talks from your cell phone teens for you to apperceive absolutely who they are connecting at all times.
Helpful?
Karen

Nov 8, 2010, 11:56:43 PM via Website

My most addictive game is War Zone Ultimate. It's a nice shooter, when you start to play you just zoom out and shoot everything that moves ;)

market://search?q=pname:nl.sigmasoft.warezone

grtz,
Karen

— modified on Nov 9, 2010, 12:34:38 AM

Helpful?
Harry Drew

Nov 27, 2010, 5:19:37 PM via Website

I use this App quite a bit, and have noticed there are times the App will hang up, or just get stuck! Usually all you have to do is turn the phone off and restart but if your in a rush it is annoying to say the least:*) I got a message on my phone last night to rate the App, but couldn't do it at the givin time, so this willb hopefully get somebody's attention.
Helpful?
Nicky

Dec 12, 2010, 6:07:18 AM via Website

Melissa B.

I'm using EasyMoney & Barcode Scanner too! But Sudoku ain't really my cup of tea, I prefer gameboid ultimate :)
Helpful?
Parth Mehta
  • Forum posts: 6

Jan 28, 2011, 12:30:23 PM via Website

there are lot and lots of best apps which i like

to control over WiFi i use WiFi Control

some other coolest apps i use is

google reader

bettercut

streaming movie app by netflix

air sync app
Helpful?
Brad Patterson
zita ranics
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 5, 2011, 5:29:41 PM via Website

I'm new to this site, new to Apps and new to smartphones (yes, it's sad, haha) so just a suggestion to everyone posting here to make it easier for myself and newbies: could you post a link to your favourite app(s)?

(Those that posted links I've added to my profile's list to be downloaded later, once I figure out how to, etc. The menstruation calendar is brilliant!!!)

Danke!
Helpful?
Jeremiah

Feb 12, 2011, 5:39:25 AM via Website

justJay
Angry Birds is pretty addictive if your looking for a fun game.

How well does Angry Birds run on your Eris, Jay? I thought my htc hero was about the same hardware specs, but Angry Birds lags so bad on it, it is unplayable.
Helpful?
Douglas Carter

Feb 14, 2011, 11:27:02 AM via Website

Jeremiah McLeod
justJay
Angry Birds is pretty addictive if your looking for a fun game.

How well does Angry Birds run on your Eris, Jay? I thought my htc hero was about the same hardware specs, but Angry Birds lags so bad on it, it is unplayable.

There is an angry birds lite version available, which is supposed to utilize less resources.
Helpful?
Brad Patterson
Jeremiah

Feb 15, 2011, 2:00:35 AM via App

Angry Birds Lite doesn't show up in the market for me. Do you know any reason, it would be filtered out for the HTC hero, running 2.1 stock Rom?
Helpful?
Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Feb 22, 2011, 11:27:20 PM via Website

Same problem with my HTC Hero, Jeremiah.

It just can't display the graphic :(
Helpful?
Douglas Carter

Feb 23, 2011, 12:49:37 PM via Website

Jeremiah McLeod
Angry Birds Lite doesn't show up in the market for me. Do you know any reason, it would be filtered out for the HTC hero, running 2.1 stock Rom?

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rovio.angrybirds_lite&feature=search_result

See if you can get it to send to your phone using the website.
Helpful?
Jeremiah

Feb 25, 2011, 1:25:16 PM via App

Douglas Carter
Jeremiah McLeod

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rovio.angrybirds_lite&feature=search_result

See if you can get it to send to your phone using the website.

I tried installing angry birds lite beta from the Google market website, but it says HTC hero not supported. And it won't let me install it.

— modified on Feb 25, 2011, 1:26:23 PM

Helpful?
Douglas Carter

Feb 25, 2011, 1:28:07 PM via Website

lame... I guess it's time for an upgrade :) Let me know if you need suggestions:wink:

On a more serious note, maybe you could try and overclock the processor some? That might help performance in the regular version. Also, have you tried turning off the live background in the regular version of the game? I think that is supposed to help with performance.
Helpful?
Adam smith

Feb 28, 2011, 12:28:51 AM via App

I noticed your original post is coming up on a year old I wonder what you ended up getting?

A couple I like that haven't been mentioned yet are TiKL Talk a easy to use push to talk app and Tune in Radio.
Helpful?
AndroidRocker

Mar 9, 2011, 9:23:03 PM via Website

My favorite game is actually Androwar: CLICK
Androwar is a cool realtime strategy game.
Helpful?
saqibbajwa

Mar 12, 2011, 7:02:27 PM via Website

[content edited/removed by moderator]

— modified on Mar 14, 2011, 1:45:59 PM by moderator

Helpful?
kayla
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 25, 2011, 10:37:08 PM via App

can someone please make a uno card game app please since im not rooted i cant download from amazon and the one in the market is not in english. didnt no where should post so thought i would here
Helpful?
Jayoon Seok

Mar 28, 2011, 8:13:43 AM via App

Yan M.
If you play an instrument, I found the gStrings app to be amazing. You can tune your guitar with your Android phone!!!!

Kayak - I travel a lot and I love the website. The app is just as good.

Opera Mini 5 beta - Although it's still in its Beta version, I prefer if to the built-in Android browser.

Nimbuzz - For Skyping using your phone. So cool!

FxCamera - Cool LOMO, Fisheye, and Polaroid affects for your phone camera! A ton of fun. I don't think the iPhone has anything like it....
Helpful?
Douglas Carter

Mar 28, 2011, 3:27:26 PM via Website

kayla
can someone please make a uno card game app please since im not rooted i cant download from amazon and the one in the market is not in english. didnt no where should post so thought i would here

There is an UNO app available on the Android Market. Check it our here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gameloft.android.GloftUNOG&feature=search_result
Helpful?
Craciun Robert

Apr 12, 2011, 3:51:21 PM via Website

AndroidPit;
Dolphin HD;
Go Launcher Ex;
WhatsApp.
Helpful?
Scott Bailey

Apr 12, 2011, 7:05:53 PM via App

Navigator, but not the samsung one. The ability to say your destination and the satillite overlay, even all the street names on the side roads.
Used it on my first ever trip to Sydney and it was dark. Pulled it out and before I new it, I'd arrived where I needed to go, and I was on foot this time. Gr8 app.
SB TSV QLD. AUSTRALIA
Helpful?
oliviasorin

Apr 14, 2011, 8:03:12 AM via Website

Here is a list of apps i like.
Ring droid
daily horoscope
Gps status
Fancy animations
New music player application with lyrics support
iPhone style contacts app