HTC Hero Bluetooth

• Replies:3
Mike Romersa
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 23, 2010, 11:16:14 AM via Website

Hi ... i may be being blonde, but i cant get my bluetooth to work on my HTC Hero. It says its paired ... but not connected and when trying to transfer pics etc ...... it just fails. I did hear that this was a problem and there would be a patch available. Is this correct and where can i get the patch ?

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Apr 23, 2010, 11:32:50 AM via Website

If it is not connected you can't send any data. You have to connect it first.

Mike Romersa
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 23, 2010, 2:06:40 PM via Website

What extra do you need to do to connect ? I scan for devices, pair with a code, and it accepts the pair. But it says not connected ? What more should i be doing ?

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Apr 28, 2010, 6:34:01 AM via Website

I also have a htc hero and am not able to connect it with bluetooth. I have heard that this is because the of the android version on the htc hero (at least the sprint htc hero) Mine is android 1.5 and I've heard that bluetooth requires at least android 1.6. HTC were once talking about a firmware release for the hero to 1.6, but then they said they were going to skip 1.6 and go straight to android 2.0. This would be great, but I'm still waiting for it and not sure when it will be available. Here is some info on when Sprint is supposed to update the hero: http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-htc-hero-getting-android-21-april-9th

— modified on Apr 28, 2010, 6:39:16 AM