How do sites like this make their app database?

• Replies:6
Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

May 2, 2010, 4:32:52 AM via Website

I'm just curious, but how do sites like this one and androlib get the information for their list of all the apps on the market? Do they have a team of people who view the market and continually enter the new apps? Or have they tapped into the market programmatically somehow? If so, then if google allows you to access market info programmatically, then why don't they just have a market website themselves. However they do it, this site seems to have the most up to date info. Thanks!

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

May 2, 2010, 9:42:54 AM via Website

I think it is a mixture of different approaches...

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 98

May 2, 2010, 4:56:05 PM via Website

Jeremiah McLeod
I'm just curious, but how do sites like this one and androlib get the information for their list of all the apps on the market? Do they have a team of people who view the market and continually enter the new apps? Or have they tapped into the market programmatically somehow? If so, then if google allows you to access market info programmatically, then why don't they just have a market website themselves. However they do it, this site seems to have the most up to date info. Thanks!

It's definitely a mix of techniques, and we have very smart wizards working at AndroidPIT :)

Thanks for the compliment, we do our best!

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 5,136

May 2, 2010, 5:12:41 PM via Website

jana o.
Jeremiah McLeod

It's definitely a mix of techniques, and we have very smart wizards working at AndroidPIT :)

Thanks for the compliment, we do our best!

These wizards are not even smart, they are also wonderfull, extremly fast, and working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year ... (not kidding... :) ) and for those who might think this is not enough ... there's more ... they are also HUMAN ... :)

lg Voss

Deactivated Account

May 3, 2010, 1:01:59 PM via Website

These wizards are not even smart, they are also wonderfull, extremly fast, and working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year ... (not kidding... :) ) and for those who might think this is not enough ... there's more ... they are also HUMAN ... :)[/quote]

@Jörg Thanks! :grin:

— modified on May 3, 2010, 1:02:19 PM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 5,136

May 3, 2010, 7:34:12 PM via Website

Never mind jana ... you're welcome :)

Due to the long time i'm writing on this site and reading nearly most of it's content, it's no wonder that i'm just telling the truth.

Greetings to the rest of the team, and just spend Fabien a little tick a day, telling him it's coming from Vienna ... he will know :)

lg Voss

Deactivated Account

May 6, 2010, 7:14:56 PM via Website

Jörg V.
Never mind jana ... you're welcome :)

Due to the long time i'm writing on this site and reading nearly most of it's content, it's no wonder that i'm just telling the truth.

Greetings to the rest of the team, and just spend Fabien a little tick a day, telling him it's coming from Vienna ... he will know :)

Haha, okay, I'll tell him, he'll have to fill me in on that :)

Greetings from Berlin to Austria!

— modified on May 6, 2010, 7:15:26 PM