Anyone heard of any j2me emulators for Android

• Replies:5
Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

May 19, 2010, 7:01:12 AM via Website

Has anyone seen any app that can emulate j2me on android? If you don't know java 2 mobile edition, is a type of app api for older phones. There are thousands of apps for older phones that support j2me. Since android apps are written in java as well, i dont think that it would not be very hard to make an emulator for j2me. The main code of the j2me apps would run without any translation, you would just have to make it so that the specialized parts of j2me (the mobile part of java mobile edition) would be emulated. I've heard of nintendo emulators, an j2me emulator would open up thousands of old apps for android. Anyone heard of such a thing?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 98

May 19, 2010, 12:27:26 PM via Website

I haven't heard of anything like this, but will look into it. If anyone has more information, please join in the conversation.

Markus Gu
  • Forum posts: 2,644

May 19, 2010, 12:32:31 PM via Website

look for J2MERunner at the market

swordiApps Blog - Website

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

May 19, 2010, 8:14:10 PM via Website

Markus Gursch
look for J2MERunner at the market

Thanks Markus, I'm wondering though, why does this app require so many permissions? I guess to support all of j2me functions he needs to use most of them, but the ones that cost money have me worried. Also some of the comments on the app, people are saying his apps are virus. Have you tried it?

Markus Gu
  • Forum posts: 2,644

May 19, 2010, 9:24:59 PM via Website

i do not think thats a virus.

swordiApps Blog - Website