can i suggest a new app?

• Replies:3
steven platt
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 14, 2010, 5:13:06 PM via Website

HI all, i need an app to help with organizing my taxi appointments, possibilly based on google calender? 5 minute timeslots instant updates multi user and shedules ect, i reckon thousands of cab firms would love something like this,hope you can help,
steve.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 14, 2010, 7:23:23 PM via Website

We (AndroidPIT) don't actually make any apps (except for Sven who made the AndroidPIT app itself.) However any Dev going through the forums should feel free to chime in on the idea.

Do you have any experience with programming/coding? The best way to go about it might be to learn it yourself and then sell it to your fellow taxi drivers and whatnot (with Android phones obviously).

— modified on Jun 14, 2010, 7:24:44 PM

steven platt
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 14, 2010, 10:01:19 PM via Website

Thanks for that, where would I be able to learn the code? And just how much would I need to learn?
Thanks again,
Steve

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Jun 16, 2010, 8:40:02 AM via Website

steven platt
Thanks for that, where would I be able to learn the code? And just how much would I need to learn?
Thanks again,
Steve

Steve, the place to start is http://developer.android.com/guide/index.html the official android developer site. There you can download the sdk, which is the software you will need to make your programs, and find helpful info on how to make android apps. There are lots of resources for learning to program on the internet. Also if your totally new to programming I would get a beginners book on java, since java is the language android uses. Programming is not easy, there is alot to learn, but is also lots of fun. You may enjoy it :)