What do you wish you Android could do that it doesn't..

• Replies:15
justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jun 21, 2010, 6:50:23 AM via App

I read most of the forums here at androidPIT.. but haven't seen a "wish-it-could-that" list. So I thought we all could dream a moment or two. Half the fun is throwing it out there.. and who knows.. maybe you can do it and just didn't know it.. so someone will tell ya how.. I'll start with.. I wish: I could use my android to lock and unlock my car doors as well as pop the trunk (like you can with the key fob that comes with the car) and/or use to remote start my car. What's your wish......

— modified on Jun 21, 2010, 7:07:53 AM

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Jun 21, 2010, 8:10:33 AM via Website

justJay
I read most of the forums here at androidPIT.. but haven't seen a "wish-it-could-that" list. So I thought we all could dream a moment or two. Half the fun is throwing it out there.. and who knows.. maybe you can do it and just didn't know it.. so someone will tell ya how.. I'll start with.. I wish: I could use my android to lock and unlock my car doors as well as pop the trunk (like you can with the key fob that comes with the car) and/or use to remote start my car. What's your wish......

Maybe this is possible allready: https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/blog/392255/Google-and-OnStar-Partner-for-Chevy-Volt-Android-App

I would like to be able to offload apps to the sd card already. Would also be pretty neat if they had an infa-red port, so you could use them as a tv remote.

Randy

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 21, 2010, 1:45:23 PM via Website

How much longer till you can replace your device Jeremiah? Android 2.2 is the beginning of the "saving apps to SD" ability without any extra programs and what-not.

justJay

Jun 21, 2010, 3:14:36 PM via App

I use Linda Manager to "off load" apps to my SD card.. meaning: to save to SD card until I want to use said app. If you are like me you want to also have games at the ready.. but games can take up a lot of app memory. Linda Manager is a great way to back up apps before upgrades as well. If you long-press on a backed up app it will give you the option to install.. delete.. or go to market to download the newest version.

— modified on Jun 21, 2010, 3:22:53 PM

Jeremiah

Jun 22, 2010, 5:56:09 AM via Website

Douglas Carter
How much longer till you can replace your device Jeremiah? Android 2.2 is the beginning of the "saving apps to SD" ability without any extra programs and what-not.

I have the htc hero right now, and it took them forever to update it to 2.1. So I'm not holding my breath for 2.2 on the hero. I have about 7-8 months on my contract till I can get a phone at a decent price. Will probably be the evo 4g, if they fix some of the issues with it.

Jeremiah

Jun 22, 2010, 5:57:14 AM via Website

justJay
I use Linda Manager to "off load" apps to my SD card.. meaning: to save to SD card until I want to use said app. If you are like me you want to also have games at the ready.. but games can take up a lot of app memory. Linda Manager is a great way to back up apps before upgrades as well. If you long-press on a backed up app it will give you the option to install.. delete.. or go to market to download the newest version.

Jay, is your phone rooted? I didn't think this was possible without a rooted phone or 2.2.

justJay

Jun 22, 2010, 10:28:29 PM via App

No.. my phone is not rooted. Just so you understand.. Linda Manager will back up your apps to the SD card.. it doesn't let you install apps onto the SD card. Big difference. So I back up apps like the larger games etc. to be able to reinstall them to the phones memory from the SD card. I have about 190 apps backed up.. only about 85 are currently installed for use at this moment. Hope this helps.

khairo
  • Forum posts: 63

Jun 26, 2010, 1:59:43 PM via App

hello evryone..
for me, i wish that android could have both the 'Matket' and the 'app store' of the iphone. it will be like having the best of both world.. :-)

bingz akina
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 11, 2011, 9:38:52 PM via Website

I wish, I wish I can use my SDcard to add up my ram. just like Win7 by using a Readyboot.
I love my Android, but my wife is bragging about her iPhone 4g and she says it faster. WhatEver!!!

Michael B
  • Forum posts: 24

Jan 15, 2011, 4:50:17 PM via App

mine gets FM, but that might just be an HTC Incredible thing, not Android?

Douglas Carter

Jan 15, 2011, 6:28:55 PM via Website

HTC added it into their Android/ HTC Sense build. Neither the Nexus One or Nexus S have software support for FM radio, but both phones have the hardware for it. Very strange to say the least.

Douglas Carter

Jan 17, 2011, 4:20:59 PM via Website

Yes, but I still don't have any data connection, so I can only use it at home. I would've bought a data plan with my Nexus S, but I'm leaving for another country in 6 days, and a contract from Germany won't be any good in Spain. =/

Cory S
  • Forum posts: 11

Sep 16, 2011, 3:02:23 AM via App

I wish there were more TV and movie apps, like the ABC Player for Apple...and I wish the stock apps like the gallery were customizable. And I wish you could improve performance as much as root users without having to.

But nonetheless I am a huge Android lover.