quick desk beta ground breaking!

• Replies:5
Ryan Erickson
  • Forum posts: 93

Jun 22, 2010, 4:06:53 AM via App

have you guys ever been in an app and need to get to another app without closing out of that one? you guys need to check out quick desk beta works great on moto droid not so well on eris but im thinking you guys will love it enjoy!

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jun 22, 2010, 4:41:16 AM via App

Ryan Erickson
have you guys ever been in an app and need to get to another app without closing out of that one? you guys need to check out quick desk beta works great on moto droid not so well on eris but im thinking you guys will love it enjoy!
Works fine on my Eris.. only using the extra screen.. not as a home replacement.. and I use the long-press on search button option to bring up the screen.

Ryan Erickson

Jun 22, 2010, 9:19:22 AM via App

glad to hear you got it to work my friend has an eris and couldnt get it to work

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 22, 2010, 3:56:37 PM via Website

So, how does this work?

You are in a program. You need to get into another program without closing the first one. I'm following so far. How does Quick Desk allow you to get from one program to another without closing the first program? Does it insert itself into the first program and allows you to access it while still in the first program, or do you have to head back to the home screen?

Sorry that I'm not really following. I am interested though, but I am running real low on app storage for my phone, and want to know what it does before I try it out.

edit: Just saw it on the test report page, so everything (I think) is clear now.

— modified on Jun 22, 2010, 4:31:35 PM

Ryan Erickson

Jun 22, 2010, 5:40:12 PM via App

this app uses your phones multitasking capabilities and when you double click the home screen while in a running program a home screen looking thing comes up over the app you are in to a list of apps and widgets you have pre loaded and you can choose those while in that app such as screen brightness wifi on off and many many more (any you want). and the reason this is considered ground breaking is because you do not need to quit the application you were previously in once you have double clicked home and have finished with the app or widget you needed simply click the back button and it will take you back to the app you were originaly in. i hope this helps and if you have any more questions please dont hesitate to ask