app downloads

• Replies:3
trevor scott
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 11:18:46 AM via Website

why dont developers give you the chance to download apps to a desktop pc and install that way, my son has been after a vuvuzela but cannot access marketplace because of age restrictions. I think it would be good to download and then install.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 5,136

Jun 24, 2010, 12:31:06 PM via Website

As far as i know, there are no "Age restriction" mechanisms in the market yet.

A developer has no possibility to define an age value when uploading an application to the market.

And even if there would be an age restriction .. shouldn't it restrict the pc download also? Otherwise it would be useless?

Maybe your sons device won't see every app in the market due to a screen dimension problem dedicated to the resolution of his device.

lg Voss

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 24, 2010, 2:13:44 PM via Website

Jörg V.

Maybe your sons device won't see every app in the market due to a screen dimension problem dedicated to the resolution of his device.

I'm in total agreement. It could be for many reasons, such as a different Android OS, or something like that. I have never heard of some sort of age restriction or even an age rating for apps on the Android Market. What is your son's phone? Also, where do you and him live?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 5,136

Jun 24, 2010, 7:39:42 PM via Website

Hi Trevor,

here you can find all availiable filters for the market explained in detail: Market Filters

Hope that it helps you along. If not, just post your questions here ..

lg Voss