[RUMOR] Select Motorola Droid Users Receive Android 2.2 OTA Test Version

• Replies:2
Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 29, 2010, 2:19:25 PM via Website

Not enough time for all big stories today, so this news piece comes from AndroidGuys:

Wow, so much Froyo news tonight! We have known for a while that the Motorola droid will be getting Android 2.2 next month, but it appears that droid owners may be getting a taste of Froyo a wee bit early! However, before we go any farther, I must stress this is only a RUMOR!

We’ve heard that Google is handing Froyo 2.2 out to a very special subset of Droid users over the air. While we don’t know much else about it, this information seems to be on-track with the July date given earlier this month. I should note that we have yet to see this on any Motorola Droid ourselves.

I know some of you Droid users are hankering for Android 2.2, so I figured some rumors that at least SOME people are getting it might appease you guys for awhile.

Ed Hempstead
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 21, 2010, 10:50:47 PM via Website

I got my 2.2 update about 2 weeks ago. A lot of nice features, more screens, auto update, for your apps, but still no Flash Player. Have had some issues with it wanting to keep shuting off option, but finally went away.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 23, 2010, 12:32:38 PM via Website

I think that Adobe Flash will be available soon, if it isn't already available. Check the Android Market and see if the app is available for download.