Hello World!

• Replies:8
aijin28
  • Forum posts: 53

Jul 1, 2010, 4:49:52 PM via Website

Greetings to fellow androids out there! im a newbie from Philippines ^^

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Spica and im happy about it..i want an iPhone but its so expensive *sigh* and i almost got a Symbian phone but thank God i was told that its apps suck =p..so i went for android yeah!

i joined this forum because i dont know many things what my phone is capable of. i hope to learn from you guys and i want to know updates. Peace! 8D

khairo
  • Forum posts: 63

Jul 1, 2010, 5:28:09 PM via App

once u r more familiar with android and discover all the things that it could do, u will b proud to own an android an will soon frgt about iphone :-)
i guess...

khairo
  • Forum posts: 63

Jul 2, 2010, 3:26:34 AM via App

yeah... n once u upgraded to 2.2 , then it will be verry cool...

aijin28

Jul 2, 2010, 5:31:47 AM via Website

Haha i like android ^^ and i even heard them say "android is the iPhone killer". what are the changes from 2.1 to 2.2?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 98

Jul 6, 2010, 1:57:17 PM via Website

Hi aijin28 and welcome to the world of Android! If you have any questions post them in the forum, our community is very wise and super helpful :)

aijin28

Jul 8, 2010, 4:37:49 AM via Website

Wow 2.2 looks promising

2-5X faster performance thanks to the Dalvik JIT compiler - does this mean it will eat more battery?
Apps on SD cards - ok thats really cool cause my phone memory of 200mb is seriously small =p
New Android Market features - am i to expect a new layout?

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jul 8, 2010, 10:48:34 AM via Website

From what I have heard, the JIT compiler actually increases the battery life in Android 2.2 thanks to reducing the amount of time (and thus power needed), as it works more efficiently. I also have heard that app installation on the SD card comes in Android 2.2 as an option for developers when they make the app. I also heard that there are some changes coming to the Android Market, but I'm not sure if they will be cosmetic changes like a new layout, or changes for developers and things in the background to make it run better.