Milestone 2.2 update?

• Replies:9
Dr Greg Attorney
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 10:59:33 PM via App

anyone have any info on when 2.2 will be available? I have a Milestone in Thailand and am tired of mb problems. ...

— modified on Jul 19, 2010, 11:00:48 PM

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jul 20, 2010, 11:35:10 AM via Website

Not yet, there have been rumors that Android 2.2 would be released about a week ago, but that hasn't happened. I would guess at least another month, maybe more. If it comes sooner, consider it a blessing.

Douglas Carter

Jul 22, 2010, 4:24:21 PM via Website

Yeah, they haven't decided yet whether to start on it, which may very well mean that they haven't even started trying to get Android 2.2 working on the Milestone yet. Therefore, it may be awhile.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jul 22, 2010, 7:01:17 PM via Website

According to Adobe Flash Player Team Blog...

Under the "Looking Ahead" portion of the Blog...

"Smartphones in market today that will be able to run Flash Player 10.1 include the Nexus One, DROID by Motorola, HTC Evo, HTC Incredible, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Milestone and others, but will depend on FroYo availability for a given device. Upgrade mechanisms and timing will vary by device and device manufacturer".

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Jul 23, 2010, 7:57:03 AM via Website

Douglas Carter
It SHOULD be coming, but apparently it is not being worked on at any measurable speed, since they are still debating...

What is it they are debating? I know apple/iphone doesnt allow flash but why the big issue over to allow flash or not?

— modified on Jul 23, 2010, 7:57:55 AM

Douglas Carter

Jul 23, 2010, 10:57:17 AM via Website

I don't believe the debate over porting Android 2.2 to the Milestone is completely hanging on Flash 10.1, but if it was, that would be interesting. Maybe they are debating the benefits/costs to spending the time getting the phone upgraded. Who knows? It is mostly speculation at this point right now. There are posts in the thread I posted in previously saying that some mobile providers might take the phones back if Flash never comes to the phone (aka FroYo), so that might be a course of action if things don't work out.

— modified on Jul 23, 2010, 10:57:38 AM