Key Capture in Background

• Replies:10
sridhar bandi
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 26, 2010, 11:22:03 AM via Website

Hi.,
I am new bee in android. I want to develop an application that captures keys that are being pressed in foreground. I am aware of the services. But i am invain to do this application in background.Please can any one help me how to proceed.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jul 26, 2010, 3:57:48 PM via Website

I don't understand what exactly you mean by captures the keys you are typing? Do you mean that you want an app which constantly is running, telling you all the keys and letters and numbers that were pressed, and then recorded? That is called a keylogger, and hackers/programmers use them often when they want to capture passwords and what-not. Why would you want something like that?

sridhar bandi

Jul 26, 2010, 4:32:58 PM via Website

Hi Douglas,
Exactly thats what i need. But its not for steeling passwords, etc., I am developing a tool, that records the keys that are being pressed and playbacks..If you know something regarding this keylogger please guide me..

sridhar bandi

Jul 27, 2010, 6:10:09 AM via Website

Hi Douglas,
Can you giude me regarding this key capture..?

Douglas Carter

Jul 27, 2010, 12:24:50 PM via Website

Yeah, what exactly have you done to look for a program, and what is your programming experience? I would always recommend the Google search. I just did it, but unfortunately, all I have seen so far is people complaining about identity theft, and others asking the same question you are. I didn't see any free downloads, links or suggestions to help you get started.

Here is a link to a site that says it is interested in parental control, they have some keyloggers on sale: http://www.parentalcontrolapps.com/iphone-parental-controls/cellphone-keylogger/#more-729

here are some more results I found , but I am not sure if they are malicious or not. Investigate at your own risk:
http://www.plunder.com/Android-Keylogger-v1-6-0-download-495ef4ddb1.htm

or take a look here:
http://www.keylogger.org/

sridhar bandi

Jul 28, 2010, 6:56:23 AM via Website

Hi
Douglas,
Thanks for your help.
I had some experience in android programming. As of now i developed a program that captures keys with in the application. But, i want to capture even when the application is in background. I had seen the links you have given. But i want the source how they developed that application..

Douglas Carter

Jul 28, 2010, 11:47:58 AM via Website

You are already likely more informed than I am at this point, so I don't know what else to say. As for the screen capture thread, I would think the next step is contacting the developer and asking for tips/help.

Minisara
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 23, 2011, 4:30:27 AM via Website

Is that something like a Android Keylogger?

Alrale green

May 17, 2012, 3:43:57 AM via Website

Really have this kind of app for android? Where can I get it? I only know that iphone keylogger.

— modified on May 18, 2012, 8:06:58 AM

Boenalee Elizabeth

Jun 21, 2012, 10:48:40 AM via Website

Minisara
Is that something like a Android Keylogger?
I believe there is. And i have a look on what you mentioned android keylogger, feeling not bad.........And recently, a new mobile spy software for iphone seems very popular online. It is named iKeyMonitor, good and easy to use.

— modified on Jun 29, 2012, 11:44:44 AM

Stacy Bennett

Sep 21, 2015, 11:10:06 AM via Website

There are some sites when you can also find several applications, which can come in handy - they all are designed to be compatible with IPhones, and they all have keylogging feature (as far as I know)

— modified on Sep 21, 2015, 11:11:33 AM