Just Rooted my HTC Eris

• Replies:17
justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Aug 4, 2010, 5:00:02 AM via Website

Okay... now this is nice! WiFi Tethering...

Overclocked to 710MHz (from 528MHz): using SetCPU

Removed Verizon Blot-ware:
-AmazonMp3
-Stocks (widgets and app)
-Twitter (Widgets and app)
-HtcFootPrints (Widgets and app)
-Teeter
-Visual Voice Mail
-PDF VIEWER (the adobe one is better than this one, get it on the market)

plus with apps2SD: 150 apps installed (twice as much as before root)

Also installed Adobe Flash 10.1
(doesn''t require root but works better w/over clocked unit)

Using: PlainJaneT2 v2.0 ROM

— modified on Aug 4, 2010, 8:12:25 AM

Anthony m
  • Forum posts: 34

Aug 4, 2010, 8:56:03 AM via App

nice I want to root my Eris but I don't want to brick it cuz it voids the warranty..wat are my chances of rooting successfully

Anthony m

Aug 19, 2010, 10:26:58 AM via App

its way better

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 19, 2010, 11:22:16 AM via Website

Chance wise, assuming you use a "one-click rooting" app, it should go fine, probably over 95%. I recommend you look into the comments of the app before you install it to make sure it worked for a percentage that is comfortable for you.

Jeff
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 19, 2010, 4:52:50 PM via App

does anyone know about the droad eris 2.2 update will the Eris be getting it.

Anthony m

Aug 22, 2010, 7:03:19 AM via App

hey Jay I need help...I have set CPU but how do u overclock it bcuz its telling the Max is 528 am I doing something wrong?

Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Aug 23, 2010, 5:20:32 AM via App

here's a silly question for us non techies....what's the major benefit of rooting our phones? when u say u clock it faster I assume u mean processing speed, what does that improve exactly?

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Aug 23, 2010, 5:31:37 AM via Website

Overclocking a cpu will basically make your phone faster. If you have an older phone that tends to "lagg" alot, this can help. But be careful, too high can make it unstable or make it overheat.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 23, 2010, 12:04:25 PM via Website

And it will likely decrease the battery life.

Rooting also allows you to install other custom Android ROMs on your phone, and allows you to uninstall certain apps that you couldn't without root. Also, you can take screenshots of your phone much easier once rooted.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Aug 24, 2010, 5:07:45 AM via App

Anthony m
hey Jay I need help...I have set CPU but how do u overclock it bcuz its telling the Max is 528 am I doing something wrong?

Anthony: Are you using setCPU app? If so open app: hit Menu button, and click the "Autodetect Speeds Recommended" button!

It should popup a "Requesting Root" box.. click OK! then it will popup a "Settings Saved" box.. click OK!

You should now be on the "Main" (1st of 5) tap and have the option to increase the "Max" slide bar to something higher then 528000; I recommend 710000 as the max personally... it seems the most stable Over-Clocked setting... anything Higher and the phone will freeze up and you will have to do a battery pull.

You also might want to visit their website at: http://www.pokedev.com/setcpu

Let me know how it works for you.

— modified on Aug 24, 2010, 6:13:53 AM

rich kaiser
  • Forum posts: 22

Oct 5, 2010, 8:05:25 PM via Website

ok just a couple questions.
1. what rom did you use?
2. where did you get the info for rooting so it really worked? not had any luck bad info so far
3. does it make that much of a difference?

rich kaiser
  • Forum posts: 22

Oct 8, 2010, 6:57:35 PM via Website

that is how i rooted my eris, then got a rom manager, then setcpu, autokiller, launcher pro, and wireless tethering....the eris is awesome now....just wish i had more choices in rom's....only a few of them are 2.2 most are 2.1

digger
  • Forum posts: 1

May 19, 2011, 9:09:19 PM via Website

ok. I followed step by step the process. Nothing. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I have a superuser perimission icon, but nothing comes up when opened.
I can't even figure out how to get rid of the bloatware. Which tells me something isn't right.
Can someone post a little more details of how to root using the eris one click process. PLEASE!
thanks.